Senior Associate/Manager, Digital Capital Projects
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123149
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Calgary, AB; Montreal, QC; Vancouver, BC
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
Deloitte’s Capital Projects group provides a variety of consulting services to capital project owners, governmental agencies, institutions, developers, or any organization with a significant interest in the successful delivery of a capital project. The ‘Digital’ aspect strives to help client’s improve their Capital Project or Job Site productivity and performance using technology.
About the team
Our team of experienced engineers, quantity surveyors, construction managers, architects, IT Practitioners and auditors possesses comprehensive design and construction industry experience, and has advanced degrees in engineering, business, law, and accounting. Furthermore, through our access to the Deloitte global network of member firms, the Capital Projects group offers a broad range of integrated services in varied professional disciplines and diverse locations.
Our clients are undergoing transformations within their Project Delivery functions. We work with our clients to help chart their paths forward which includes defining new processes and implementing new Project Management Information Systems (PMIS).
We are looking for professionals at the Manager level to join our Digital Capital Projects team. Candidates will be flexible and able to travel, as required. We are looking for qualified candidates in Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver.
Your primarily role will be to lead a team of consultants to plan and analyze clients current state project delivery processes and systems, lead market scans for leading edge, best-in-class systems in the functions of project management, project controls, estimation and scheduling and then lead the subsequent implementation. Involvement in both the business development and engagement delivery are expected.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
The successful candidate will have:
- 1-2 years implementing Project Management Information Systems (PMIS) including current leading market tools such as Kahua, Procore, InEight, Unifier, EcoSys or EBuilder
- Experience on construction projects from an engineering, construction management, or project controls perspective and understanding or experience with progress measurement, cost and schedule management, risk management, project reporting, contract administration and contractors, architectural/engineering firms, or construction owners (i.e., 3-5 years as a Senior Associate, 5-8 years as a Manager);
- Professional Engineering or PMP designation or eligibility is an asset;
- Relevant Construction Management or Cost Certification is an asset;
- Consulting/Advisory experience to Owners;
- Proficient use of MS Office software (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint);
- Ability to thrive in a team and collaborative setting, to contribute and share ideas, to regularly seek guidance and feedback, and work to ensure the success of the team;
- Must also be able to work independently, when required, take initiative, maintain a positive attitude and willingness to learn; and
- Superior verbal and written communication skills. Due to the nature of the role having interactions with National & Global clients, bilingualism in French and English is required for this position in Montreal.
Must be eligible for Government of Canada Reliability clearance.
Prior experience in the following areas would be an asset:
- System Implementation experience
- Project Management Information Systems (PMIS);
- Process mapping and the use of related software, such as Visio
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.