Manager/Senior Manager - Business Tax - Atlantic
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 124037
Primary Location: Multiple Locations, Atlantic, Canada
All Available Locations: Halifax, NS; Fredericton, NB; Moncton, NB; Saint John, NB; St. John's, NL
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Our tax group in Atlantic Canada is strong, growing, diverse, and dynamic. We are seeking a senior manager to be a key leader in our practice. This position will offer a significant opportunity to develop and advance your career with us.
When you join Deloitte, you will be joining the largest professional services firm in Canada and globally. You will team with our network of 13,000 professionals in Canada and those in more than 150 other countries and territories bringing world-class capabilities, insights, and service to address our client’s most complex business challenges.
Working in our national tax practice, you will be able to draw on the experience of over 1,260 professionals from coast to coast to build your skills and career. Our people first culture allows you to bring your whole self to work and develop your career your way.
What will your typical day look like?
In a post COVID environment, we are shifting the way we think about work. We have created a work environment where you and your team are empowered with the tools, technology, and culture to contribute your full potential.
As a Senior Manager in Business Tax, you will be a member of our leadership team working closely with our partners on tax advisory and compliance requirements of our clients. You will manage multiple teams tasked with providing high-level tax advice to help our clients achieve tax savings, examine tax provisions and prepare opinions and other tax advice. You will supervise the preparation of tax returns and direct junior team members on completion of these tasks. You will also identify and define new opportunities for additional tax services, organize and carry out engagements for clients while assuming the role of senior business advisor. The ideal candidate enjoys being in the spotlight and is looking to develop expertise with both public and private enterprises. You will participate in the development and delivery of training programs, and act as a mentor and coach for junior tax specialists to help them achieve their full potential.
What you will do:
• Lead client engagements and be active in the management of the Atlantic tax practice
• Work closely with our partners to deliver exceptional service our clients
• Be a senior member of our team developing and implementing tax planning strategies
• Plan and organize multiple projects simultaneously for the delivery of tax compliance, planning and provisioning support
• Review the work of junior team members and be a mentor for their development
• Develop new opportunities with existing and new clients
About the team
Deloitte offers clients a broad range of fully integrated tax services. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help our clients excel globally. In order to provide global solutions to complex challenges across the region, we assemble diversified teams of professionals with distinct skill sets. You will work with a team that is primarily based in Atlantic Canada but will also draw on members from across the country.
A job in Tax will offer you the opportunity to work in a stimulating and very high-energy environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical fields. You will also develop solutions through discussion with your team and clients and continue your professional development in order to progress in your chosen career path.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- Undergraduate degree; Accounting designation an asset;
- Master’s degree in taxation or completion of the CICA In-Depth Tax Course;
- A minimum of 4-5 years of relevant experience in Canadian Tax for Manager and 5-7 years for Senior Manager;
- Proven experience with managing a diverse team
- Highly motivated individual that works well independently and in a team setting
- Desire to grow professional career with potential for advancement
- Proven experience in a client service setting with an understanding of complex needs of client’s businesses
- Strong project management skills and ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Able to inspire team to deliver on desired results
- Able to provide advice with confidence and respond to challenging questions
- Good knowledge of English (verbal and written)
Keys to your success:
• You seek opportunities to challenge yourself
• You team well with others
• You deliver on and take responsibility for your own and your team’s results
• You demonstrate thinking beyond the task at hand and are focused on the bigger picture
• You gain confidence of others by demonstrating an understanding of business and interactions with clients
• You develop junior team members
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.