Senior Manager, Accounting Operations Advisory (Future Opportunities)
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123573
Primary Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
All Available Locations: Vancouver, BC
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Interested in joining a team that will help you develop and hone your skills, expand your network and be a key member in the growth of a firm? Check out the opportunity below!
What will your typical day look like?
You will review and contribute to the planning and execution of projects, contribute to business development, review client deliverables prepared by junior staff and develop staff skillsets related to : technical Knowledge, communication skills, leadership and project management. You will also have opportunities to serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country and / or internationally, contribute to market and eminence initiatives (including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice), develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel, and mentor and develop teams of advisory resources.
About the team
Our Accounting Operations Assurance team focuses on enabling CFO’s and their Finance teams for success. We focus on applying our deep knowledge of financial reporting requirements, controls and processes to the operational aspects of Finance - "How" Finance does what it needs to do and where it can enhance the value it brings to the organization. Our core services include Finance Operating Model Optimization, CFO / Finance Effectiveness Workshops, Finance Healthchecks / Diagnostics, Finance Process Mapping / Redesign, and "Fix Finance" projects (designed to remediate or upgrade finance processes, controls, documentation, systems and tools).
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- CPA, CA designation and minimum 10 years of work experience
- Experience in a finance role/in providing assurance, consulting & advisory services to finance functions
- Strong technical skills & experience with accounting processes, internal controls, risk assessments, IFRS, ASPE, Public Sector Accounting Standards.
- Expertise in financial management disciplines such as financial process design, budgeting and planning, financial reporting, financial performance management and business case development
- Additional expertise in one or more of the following areas considered an asset: Process Redesign, Business IT Strategy, Corporate Strategy, or Shared Services
- Capacity to think about requirements from a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons or different options)
- Strong project management, facilitation and presentation skills
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities (Prior experience in Data Analytics/Visualization (Tableau), Disruptive Events (i.e. Transactions, IPO readiness) and Mergers and Acquisitions
- Broad advisory skills
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities (experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership)
- Strong technical skills and experience with accounting processes, internal controls, risk assessments, IFRS, ASPE, Public Sector Accounting Standards
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.