Global Supplier Sustainability Leader (Sr. Manager), Deloitte Global CoRe-Procurement
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123547
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cuttingedge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with premier thought leaders in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?
What will your typical day look like?
As the Global Supplier Sustainability Leader, you will be responsible for the development of a supplier Sustainability strategy and execution of that strategy including direct support of DTTL CoRe member firms with specific supplier sustainability programs and targets.
You will interface with internal and external leaders and stakeholders to ensure that the supplier sustainability strategy is executed across sourcing, contracting, supplier relationship management, and activity reporting efforts.
You will be specifically responsible for managing a Global Supplier Sustainability Program for CoRe Procurement, including:
- Build, manage and optimize infrastructure for a Global Supplier Sustainability Program with focus on imbedding sustainability criteria in the procurement processes, emission reductions, Science Based Target (SBT) supplier engagement, sustainable operations and carbon offset analysis and purchases.
- Assess current state of supplier sustainability activities across the global network and set standards where required.
- Define supplier sustainability commonalities across the network to align program objectives while also accommodating necessary local variation.
- Define and manage supplier sustainability procurement targets across all categories and subcategories including Technology, Talent, Real Estate, Office Operations, Travel and Business Services.
- Customizing the RFP process, supplier selection model and contract verbiage to support the selection of appropriate suppliers.
- Drive key sustainability initiatives in the supply base.
- Establish supplier development / mentoring programs to educate suppliers on our procurement processes and requirements.
About the team
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network. In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark. Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Global CoRe provides seven fundamental services to Deloitte around the world: knowledge services, creative services, contact center, data management assessment services, data protection, procurement, and real estate. We develop new and innovative ways to improve how these services are delivered across the organization, leveraging our global scope and strength to serve our organization within and across borders.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- Experience in procurement, sourcing or related field
- BS degree in Supply Chain Management, Sustainability or Business or equivalent relevant experience preferred
- Subject matter expertise in Supplier Sustainability and demonstrated experience with building and running a supplier sustainability program
- Familiarity with sourcing strategy projects and proven experience in leading complex negotiations and managing multiple teams/stakeholders
- Persuasive and convincing communication and presentation skills with ability to engage senior executives to influence decisions
- Excellent data and analytics execution skills relative to supplier spend, emissions and supplier engagement activity tracking
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.