Senior Manager - ServiceNow, Deloitte Global Technology
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 122942
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Ottawa, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
What will your typical day look like?
This role is responsible for leading the complete software product development life cycle of the product in a fast-paced cross-cultural diverse environment leveraging the SAFE methodology. This role requires a solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in leading large cross-functional teams using Agile/SCRUM best practices, values and principles including but not limited to sprint/release planning, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, backlog grooming, completion forecasting and DevOps (continuous integration and continuous deployment). The person that fills this role is expected to partner closely with product owners and lead a cross-functional team comprising business analysts, software engineers, functional and non-functional testers, operations engineers and project management
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading and/or facilitating the requirements, architecture, technical design, development, functional and non-functional testing, operational readiness and DevOps.
- Providing technical leadership including directing, evaluating and monitoring the progress of product development and facilitating discussions with various departments around business objectives, functionality, architecture, and product deployment.
- Escalating any issues, risks, and decisions to the Channel and Engagement Leaders and other stakeholders as necessary to mitigate risks.
- Interacting with stakeholders and has the executive presence to influence direction, sell ideas, roadmaps, and approaches
- Working as a people developer such as:
- Performing role of counselor and coach.
- Working with Project Manager to develop full-scale project plans and effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Managing and overseeing daily operations and making sure there is adherence to enterprise standards in project execution methodology, requirements gathering, quality assurance and continuous improvement
- Providing estimates for all resources required to achieve project goals and managing assigned budget throughout execution of project, including estimation for new business
- Identifying and resolving issues, risks and conflicts within the project team.
- Monitoring technology trends within assigned product/technology area
About the team
Deloitte Technology works at the forefront of technology development and processes to support and protect Deloitte around the world. In this truly global environment, we operate not in "what is" but rather "what can be" to help Deloitte deliver and connect with its clients, its communities, and one another in ways not previously conceived.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
As a Senior Manager you bring:
- Minimum Twelve (12) years of experience in Program Management, Delivery Management, and Team Management
- A deep understanding of “ServiceNow” Architecture and the ability to demonstrate its value at all levels of the organization
- Advanced understanding of multiple ServiceNow Offering like ITSM, ITBM, HRSD, GRC etc and experience in their implementation.
- Knowledge of security concepts and best practices; familiarity with Active Directory (ADFS 2.0, Open ID and JWT)
- General knowledge of web site design, usability, and portal best practices
- A good awareness of software development lifecycle methodologies (Waterfall, RUP, Agile) and delivery and testing through continuous integration and delivery
- Experience in technology and vendor assessments
- IT project and product management experience and knowledge of application lifecycle management (ALM) methodologies including Agile and Scrum. DevOps implementation experience. IT service operations experience
- Ability to lead people and demonstrated leadership skills within a team and cross-functional team environment
- Experience interfacing with external software design and development vendors preferred
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.