Manager, Independence (18-month contract)
Job Type: Temporary Contract
Reference code: 123417
Primary Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Brossard, QC; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Langley, BC; Laval, QC; Moncton, NB; Montreal, QC; Ottawa, ON; Quebec City, QC; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; St. John's, NL; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness..
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment that often deals with emerging risk issues of today’s business environment? This is the role for you!
What will your typical day look like?
As a Manager in our Regulatory, Quality, Risk & Reputation team, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the firm maintains its compliance with the personal independence rules for our people and clients by ensuring that compliance processes are being completed efficiently and effectively. You will be responsible for continuous monitoring and process improvements to ensure compliance with firm policies and assist in the development and implementation of education activities. This role will give you an opportunity to gain in depth knowledge regarding certain Canadian and international independence rules and Deloitte policies with which our people must comply with. You embrace working in an agile work environment and are comfortable with corresponding with our team, partners and professionals across the country and abroad.
About the team
You will be working with our Regulatory, Quality, Risk & Reputation group, specifically with Personal Independence, a part of Deloitte’s National Office. Personal Independence is a nimble and flexible team that is always evolving and adjusting as the firm’s business evolves. We have an established team to monitor and assist our partners and professionals with their independence requirements.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
Enough about us, let’s talk about you:
You are someone who has:
• 5+ years of experience in a Regulatory, Risk Managenement and/or Compliance related field
• The ability to research and understand external regulations or supporting materials produced
• Superior verbal and written communication skills. French language written and oral skills required.
• Delivers and leads others to deliver high quality work
• Strong organization and process management skills: ability to prioritize work demands and meet deadlines
• The ability to coach and lead junior team members, but also the courage to roll up your sleeves and work at a detailed level
• The ability to build relationships and establish trust with individuals at all levels, including the leaders, at the Firm though superior verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
• A love of working both independently and as part of a supportive and collaborative team in a very fast paced and agile environment
• Ability to compile and review data to identify root causes of issues and execute effective solutions that impact business results or enhances the level of service we provide
• High degree of professionalism and discretion with ability to handle high-level confidential data
• French language written and oral skills
Highly desired skills:
• Awareness of regulatory policies pertaining to the securities markets, US and Canadian regulators (SEC/PCAOB, CPAB)
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?