Manager, Risk and Regulatory Consulting (Risk Data and Analytics Capability)
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 122903
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Experience MyFlex where reduced hours or seasonal work allows you to meet your personal goals.
What will your typical day look like?
Our mission is to use data and analytics to deliver value for our clients. Our team understands exactly how data underpins a business and how improving the management, use and insight from this data improves performance and reduces risk. We also help clients manage the new risks and safely leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
For this role, we are seeking Manager and Senior Manager who will help deliver on our ambitious plans to grow our practice. As a Manager/Senior Manager, you will be working collaboratively across the data and analytics domains, helping some of the largest, most interesting organizations in the world imagine, deliver and run the future - transforming complex business problems and requirements into practical, implementable solutions.
Work with data and technology leaders in the field of risk consulting globally to combine innovative thinking with program and technological execution. Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative team.
Working in Data and Analytics team in Risk Advisory offers a dynamic, fast-paced environment, which presents you with the opportunity to continually grow and learn from people with different backgrounds and working styles.
We combine our people's skills and experience, with Deloitte tools and solutions, across four focus capability areas across the end-to-end Risk Spectrum.
• Risk Data Strategy & Architecture
• Risk Data Modelling & Engineering
• Risk Data Analytics, Reporting & Insights
• Risk Data Governance & Management
The successful candidate will have responsibility to:
• Support our clients to grow responsibly through the use of applied data and analytics.
• Support the industry leadership in growing our risk analytics business.
• Support the establishment of a repeatable analytical models and approaches for clients.
• Work with other Deloitte functions to further the use of data & analytics in go to market activities.
• Manage and support team members in the delivery of work
• Build strong relationships with key Deloitte and client contacts.
• Enhance the value of our deliverables and the insights provided by our work.
• Support in reviews of data and date use for regulatory compliance and process and control effectiveness
• Work with existing clients to design and develop programs for data and analytics.
• Support the senior management team with go to market activities relating to risk advisory and analytics projects.
• Have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
Furthermore, Data and Analytics team is an integral part of Deloitte's risk capabilities, and our OneDeloitte' strategy enables individuals to work with our risk domain specialists in different areas across our core risk advisory domains.
Our advisory domains include, but are not limited to, Financial Risk (Credit, Market, Liquidity) Management, Non-Financial Risk (Operation, Reputation, Strategic Risk) Management, Regulatory Compliance, Financial Crime (Fraud, AML, Insider) Management, Treasury and Capital Management, IT Risk Control, Internal Audit, Organizational Crisis and Resilience Management, Extended Enterprise Risk Management, Sustainability and ESG, as well as Cyber Risk.
About the team
We are the one of the largest Risk Advisory practices in Canada. Our Data and Analytics team is a key capability within Risk Advisory . We are a growing team with initiatives across multiple industries and use cases. We support organizations with all aspects of data and analytics related to risk management. We aim to bring recognized value to each engagement; be it setting up a program to deliver on long term strategic objectives or solutioning for tactical needs under demanding timelines. We have extensive experience that we draw upon daily and are always looking to the future and innovative solutions and opportunities.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
In this role, the expected qualifications are:
• Exceptional planning, organization, project and people management skills.
• Exceptional communication, presentation, business writing and professional skills, including being able to liaise with both technical and business contacts at our clients.
• Minimum 5 years (Manager) / 8 years (Senior Manager) of experience of managing, strengthening, and broadening key client relationships.
• Minimum 5 years (Manager) / 8 years (Senior Manager) of experience of managing and leading team delivery
• Experience in Financial Services Industry in a consulting or industry capacity
• Experience in Risk and Regulatory Compliance areas in a consulting or industry capacity
• Experience in delivering a broad range of data analytics engagements in areas such as, Data Strategy, Data Architecture, Data Migration, Data Analytics, Data Governance and Data Quality.
• Experience in applying Data Analytics, ML/AI and/or other insights approaches to deliver business value
• Experience in working with analytical, visualization and data engineering capabilities
• Experience in working with cloud capabilities is an asset
• Ability to own and drive initiatives in many different and challenging environments.
• Ability to understand client needs and deliver value through proven and innovative approaches.
• Ability to synthesize large amounts of information to produce clear, concise, and logical presentations and reports
• Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment, both independently and in a team setting
• Ability to establish priorities and meet challenging deadlines
• Curiosity and comfortability with ambiguity
• Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in relevant field; relevant professional qualification is an asset
• Willingness/flexibility of traveling to client locations, as required
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?