Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123806
Primary Location: Victoria, BC
All Available Locations: Victoria, BC
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
What will your typical day look like?
The Release Manager develops and administers the plans, policies and procedures that will determine and manage the migration from development, to test, to the final production environment. The Release Manager should have extensive experience in implementing large scale technology operations and implementations. Oracle Siebel skills, would be an advantage.
The Release Manager has demonstrated proficiency and experience in the following areas:
• advanced knowledge of the software development lifecycle to plan forward the release windows and cycles across a portfolio of technology enhancements, including negotiating and managing release activities;
• demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage relationships cross-functional workstreams toward task completion;
• advanced project management capabilities so as to manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality;
• demonstrated leadership and analytical skills to measure and monitor progress to ensure applications and releases are delivered on time and within budget and that they meet or exceed client expectations;
• coordinating release content and effort based on the Service Request backlog, pending Service Requests, third party application/operating system updates;
• advanced written and verbal communication skills to translate release details, schedule and impacts to users and senior executives
• producing deployment and implementation plans, including deployment checklists;
• working with release engineers / systems analysts to understand impacts of code merges;
• supporting the development of automation tools and scripts used to build, integrate and deploy software releases;
• discussing release scope and work to remove release roadblocks; and
• researching new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies to analyze applications to configuration management needs.
About the team
Join a group of high-performing, dynamic, driven and fun individuals working together to bring best practices and innovative ideas from around the world to our clients. We connect regionally and nationally to share experiences and ideas which have proven to help address our client’s top priorities and getting to the heart of business issues. Our community is passionate about helping each other, driving results, being the experts and voice of our clients, and developing a functional knowledge of our sectors and industries.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- More than four (4) years in release and/or project management. More than five (5) years in large scale information systems operations environments in systems analysis or development (preferably in Oracle Siebel).
- Solid understanding of software delivery flow as well as corresponding common challenges and inhibitors
- Experience with value stream mapping and identification of bottlenecks and constraints
- Solid understanding of types of work in the enterprise including planned and unplanned work; understanding of technical debt and ways to address it through continuous improvement process
- Well-rounded knowledge of SDLC and prior direct experience in one or more functions in the typical delivery value stream (e.g., development, testing, release management, operations, etc.)
- Proficient understanding and exposure to technical delivery building blocks such as environments, deployment packages, and modern releases concepts
- Strong technical background, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management experience gained from complex delivery of integrated applications in a client facing environment
- Have strong communication skills and the ability to clearly and concise articulate issues, risks, dependencies, and recommendation
- Self-driven with a demonstrated ability to achieve established goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
Good to Have:
- Good understanding of DevOps capabilities and practices as well as the basics of cloud computing
- Past Experience with one or more programming or scripting languages (e.g., Go, Python, JS, Java, PowerShell) or middleware application (Mulesoft, Azure Logic Apps, etc.)
- Exposure to development tools including version control, CI/ CD, and testing frameworks.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?