Contract Manager, Commercial
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123622
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work with Deloitte’s Office of the General Counsel (OGC)? Are you looking to support and learn from a passionate team of legal professionals? Then we’re looking for talent like you to join the OGC!
What will your typical day look like?
As a Contract Manager supporting the Commercial team, you will be working with senior lawyers and various business groups within the firm while managing the contracting lifecycle process.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Managing incoming contract requests from various areas of the business, including RFP’s, RIF’s, Master Service Agreements, engagement letters, renewals, statements of work, license agreements and confidentiality agreements;
- Gathering appropriate information necessary for the preparation of contract documents or contract negotiation, through the analysis of preliminary information provided by the business to determine the nature of the request, validate the urgency, and potential risk to the organization;
- Discussing requirements with the business and identifying possible contracting options appropriate in the circumstances;
- Gathering additional information often found in sources such as proposals, business cases, and correspondence;
- Managing the contracts process, database and records retention as well as create a library of precedents that can be leveraged as needed;
- Reviewing, drafting and amending a variety of contracts to accurately reflect business requirements, including recommending alternatives, additions or changes, when necessary, to conform with internal policies, minimize risk, and achieve proper framing of the business needs.
About the team
This position will be part of our collegial and enthusiastic Office of the General Counsel. The Canadian OGC consists of approximately 25 people, including lawyers, Contract Managers, law clerks and paraprofessionals. We are looking for a motivated Contract Manager to add to the overall success of our team. This is a multi-faceted role with many opportunities to do a variety of challenging work on our Commercial team.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who has:
- 5+ years at an in-house legal or procurement department, with experience in contract management/negotiations;
- A Paralegal Diploma/Degree and has been licensed by the Law Society of Ontario;
- Foreign trained lawyers from other jurisdictions will be considered;
- High organization skills, strong time management skills, is detail oriented, and able to work independently and as a team contributor;
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities, multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate in a professional manner (proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications).
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?