Manager, Total Rewards (Compensation)
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123773
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Brossard, QC; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Langley, BC; Laval, QC; Moncton, NB; Montreal, QC; Ottawa, ON; Quebec City, QC; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; St. John's, NL; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
About the team
In FY20, the Chief Culture and People Office (CCPO) developed a Culture and People Strategy for 2023 – a roadmap that will guide enablement of the broader firm Category of One strategy by inspiring and empowering our people and delivering “I only could have done it at Deloitte” experiences. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Total Rewards, the Manager, Total Rewards within the Culture and People Office, supports the operational requirements enabling Deloitte Canada’s national compensation philosophy and strategy, including the design of base salary and incentive plans that are aligned to the businesses goals and strategy.
What will your typical day look like?
• Manage the overall compensation process for assigned portfolio, including the annual mid-year and year-end salary review cycle and variable pay programs
• Provide subject matter expertise, insight, and understanding to the business on all compensation matters
• Review existing tools and enablers related to compensation and identify enhancements that can create efficiencies, update business rules due to process changes
• Partner with clients within assigned portfolio on compensation planning, administration processes and the design of compensation programs that are relevant for the business and strategically aligned
• Conduct market analysis and financial modeling for assigned portfolio, with the ability to present outcomes and recommendations to business leaders in a concise manner
• Create and guide the structure and communication of various pay programs
• Research and analyze total rewards trends to help determine pay design and administration guidelines in accordance with the firm's compensation philosophy and policies
• Review compensation policies to ensure continued alignment with legislation and best practices. Provide guidance to clients for policy application issues as required
• Lead and manage projects related to Total Rewards / Compensation
• Work collaboratively with other CCPO teams and Finance to advance and manage Deloitte’s financial and compensation planning activities
• Support the development of team members’ capabilities by providing leadership and guidance on day-to-day compensation management, project work and technical training
• Champion a culture where Team Members are given the opportunity to practice wellness and feel empowered to take ownership of their well-being
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who has expertise in the following areas:
- 6-8 years of progressive corporate Total Rewards experience with an emphasis on managing and executing multiple initiatives and process enhancements;
- Passionate about elevating the employee experience, corporate Total Rewards, approaching the challenge from a user-centric design perspective, and bringing fresh ideas and creative thinking to the table;
- Strong Total Rewards industry and market knowledge of competitive landscape
- Ability to present and train individuals on compensation topics
- Deep understanding of compensation administration and financial modelling
- A team player with a natural propensity to build and leverage strong internal networks to get the job done
- A strong communicator, compelling storyteller and influencer with the ability to gain support andsponsorship from a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to use data to make informed recommendations, ask thought provoking questions, and bring fresh thinking to the table
- Due to the nature of the role having interactions with National & Global clients, English is required for this position.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?