Senior Manager - Property Tax
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123760
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
- By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
Are you looking for a new position in a fast growing and rewarding environment? Are you a professional interested in combining property tax solutions with the opportunity to expand your leadership skills? Look at the opportunity below.
What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Manager on our team, you will collaborate and work on property tax engagements with clients in many industries. You will play an important role in the growth and leadership of the property tax team. You will work with team members across the country and in the US as we build and grow the property tax team in Canada. In your role in providing exceptional client value as a trusted business advisor, you will not only work with the property tax team in Canada, but also work with other services lines in Canada including tax, audit, financial advisory and consulting, assisting clients with Canadian property tax matters.
About the team
Currently we are seeking a Senior Manager for our Property Tax group. The position is open to candidates in the Greater Toronto Area.
A career in Property Tax will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast-growing environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field. You will play a key role in the growth of this service line within Deloitte. You will continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path. You will also work with high profile clients on a variety of regional and national engagements.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
• College or University degree or 10+ years of property tax consulting experience
• Minimum 7+ years of relevant work experience in the area of property tax consulting
• Preference given to Licensed paralegal with Law Society of Ontario
• Preference given to Accredited or Candidate member of Appraisal Institute of Canada, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, Institute of Municipal Assessors
• Proven ability to deliver all services related to the lifecycle of property assessment consulting and appeal services
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Strong client service and relationship management skills
• Entrepreneurial spirit with desire to build new business and operational efficiency
• Strong teamwork and independent work skills
• Self-motivated and deadline driven
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?