Senior Financial Analyst, Expense Management CoE
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123742
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Build a network of colleagues for life.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Are you an energetic self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment? Interested in developing your career in Finance? Apply below!
What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be an individual contributor responsible for the efficient functioning of the corporate and purchasing card expense, and expense processes.
About the team
You will work as part of the Chief Business and Finance Office (CBFO) within our Central Business Services (CBS) team and report to the Senior Manager, Expense Management and Accounts Payable. The team is a group of highly motivated, strategic minded and dynamic individuals that support and deliver finance operations across the Canadian businesses.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting, with minimum 5 years’ experience in the field, preferably in a Global organization within a shared service/ service outsourcing environment, CPA designation preferred
- Ability to understand and carry out specific written and oral instruction, including reconciliations & accruals, and communicating findings with internal users/clients
- Diligence to work independently and in a team, maintaining a high level of professionalism, and a customer service attitude when working with internal clients
- Excellent knowledge of Expense Management processes and procedures is an asset, taking accountability of new & existing users’ accuracy and completeness of submitted travel & business expenses and all related training materials
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills, along with SQL, or other code languages (preferred) as well as experience with major ERP systems (preferred) & applications such as Concur, Cognos, SAP, Coupa, Blackline and MS Access (preferred)
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and workflow in a fast-paced environment, with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail and follow-through in accordance with deadlines and internal client SLA’s
- Results driven mindset (Prioritizing, Taking Initiative, Taking Ownership) with a focus on enhancing Expense Management processes and supplier monitoring ensuring performance is aligned with SLA’s
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, preferably bilingual (EN/FR) as well as via phone, email, Skype, and ServiceNow, providing advice and guidance to the internal users on travel & expense policies and procedures
- Experience in research, gathering data, and extracting meaningful and actionable insights from Expense data to prepare analyses & reconciliations, presenting findings & suggested improvements to Senior Executives
- Excellent project management skills, including testing & validation of projects, as well as collaborating with internal stakeholders & Global teams ensuring timely completion of initiatives and implementation of change requests
- Ability to support & optimize system functionality improvements within Concur with a focus on user friendliness, including analyzing rejection report and implement corrective action to minimize rejections
- Ability to monitor and improve the travel & expense reimbursement process by creating and leveraging a network of ‘super users’/champions of the process
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?