Backup Engineering SME, Deloitte Global Technology
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123769
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
What will your typical day look like?
As a Backup engineering, your responsibilities include:
- Support 24x365 backup operation and management of disaster recovery
- Responsible for ensuring that we are adhering the backup policies and backup schedule.
- Assist with management of available capacity to ensure no delays are realized due to lack of resources. This will include compute, storage, and network bandwidth requirements.
- Able to provide architectural suggestions and direction with the team and enterprise architecture.
- For BCP services, assist continuity team on selecting the proper technology to ensure all SLAs for recovery are met.
- For BCP services, following migration activities, work with the appropriate business operations personnel to ensure proper continuity testing has been completed and signed off.
- Ensure all change management processes are followed as required.
- Ensure all asset management processes are followed as required, including the decommissioning and disposal of equipment no longer used.
- Oversee health checks of backup and replication every day, and fix any issue that arises to ensure backup and replication SLAs are met
- Configure backups and perform restore as and when needed.
- Monitor Service Now Incidents, Requests and Change activity
- Participate in planned maintenance activities and participate in on-call rotation
- Responsible for awareness and compliance to policy and guidelines
- Report any breaches in information security or policies
- Identify repeatable operational tasks and issues; create automated resolutions to these situations to reduce operational overhead
- Optimization and performance of hardware infrastructure.
About the team
Deloitte Technology works at the forefront of technology development and processes to support and protect Deloitte around the world. In this truly global environment, we operate not in "what is" but rather "what can be" to help Deloitte deliver and connect with its clients, its communities, and one another in ways not previously conceived.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
As a Backup Engineering, you have a:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or 5-7 years’ experience in a medium to large Microsoft shop) in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field.
- Professional Qualifications are preferred, including:
- Microsoft – Windows Server, SQL Server
- VEEAM Backup & Recovery
- Knowledge of Veeam Backup and Recovery Solution, its design implementation and maintenance.
- In-depth knowledge of cloud vendors and technology, specifically Microsoft Azure. GCP and AWS backup capabilities.
- Experience working in an environment that has embraced a DevSecOps approach to service delivery.
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Detailed understanding and ability to operate within a process-driven organization.
- Sensitivity and cultural awareness are essential as the role will involve contact with a variety of people around the globe.
- Discipline and experience in recognizing and handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, some experience with Linux is a plus.
- General knowledge of VMware, Microsoft SQL Servers and Oracle Servers is a plus
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?