Actuarial Manager/Senior Manager, Insurance Modeling - Financial Engineering & Modeling (FEM)
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123758
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
Would you like to further develop your career with our exponentially expanding Financial Advisory Service, Modelling and Value Advisory group? Are you up for the challenge to help the most sophisticated Canadian and international clients to solve their quantitative and modelling issues?
What will your typical day look like?
As an Actuarial Manager/Senior Manager focusing on Insurance practice in our Financial Engineering & Modelling team, you will:
- Lead and mentor a team of analysts and associates
- Be entrepreneurial and play a key role in growing the team nationally
- Lead RFPs and participate in other business development initiatives
- Lead model validation projects on insurance models (pricing, valuation, ALM, LICAT, etc) for insurance companies
- Review model validation plans/reports, and communicate validation results to senior leadership and model owners
While this role primarily focuses on insurance models, it is a very dynamic opportunity to work closely with experts in other areas (credit risk, market risk, treasury, AML, derivative valuation, GIPS, etc) and broaden your horizon.
About the team
The Financial Engineering & Modelling, Financial Advisory team is composed of a wide range of subject matter experts from Quantitative Finance backgrounds working with all manner of modeling types. We have the leading quantitative practice in the Canadian market and cover models including market risk, credit risk, fraud, AML, insurance, treasury and machine learning. Our team members have advanced degrees in mathematics, financial engineering, statistics, physics and actuarial science.
Working with this team will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast-paced and thought-provoking environment with like-minded people
- Develop advanced professional and consultative skills needed to advance in your chosen career path
- Exposure to high-profile clients including banks, insurance firms, funds, credit unions through a variety of engagements
- Exposure to the most advance modeling techniques used in the financial services industry
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who is/has:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as actuarial science, statistics, and mathematical finance, ideally FSA with 5+ years of experience
- Strong technical skills including AXIS, Excel, VBA, and Python. Knowledge of programming is an asset but not required
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities/projects
- Ability to explain complex actuarial and financial modeling techniques in a simple and concise way
- Ability to work independently and in cross-functional team settings
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Takes initiatives and ownership of projects
- Ability to lead a team of analysts
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?