REMOTE Project-based roles - Business Analyst
Job Type: Independent Contractor
Reference code: 123755
Primary Location: Anywhere in Canada (remote)
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Langley, BC; Moncton, NB; Ottawa, ON; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; St. John's, NL; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB
Do you have experience in Business Intelligence or Business Analysis? Are you seeking project-based work? Join our roster to participate in projects in the fraud prevention space!
What will your typical day look like?
Deloitte’s Dynamic Project Delivery (DPD) group is actively seeking Business Analysts to assist with upcoming projects in the fraud prevention space with financial institutions. The Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing data and defining requirements for technology solutions in projects or products. You will be an integral part of marrying the lines of business with technology to identify opportunities to improve business operations and processes.
As an independent contractor or temporary employee on this team, project work will vary but tasks will include:
- Drafting business requirements and source sign-offs
- Organizing and developing change management and communication material during implementation/release
- Capturing product feedback and coordinate customization requests
- Supporting the product manager's responsibilities for content creation for communications (internal & external) and stakeholder engagement
- Acting as a liaison and cultivate relationships with various stakeholders and teams to gather critical information, document requirements, and communicate results
- Collecting business needs and challenges, analyze the requests, and recommended changes in business process or technology to solve for business needs and challenges
- Maintaining the product backlog on behalf of the Product Manager
- Supporting with analysis for cost and benefit analysis & roadmap development of the product
Our team conducts project-based work using a roster of independent contractors or temporary employees under the supervision of our experienced Deloitte Project Managers. Our projects vary in length from a few weeks to several months. Independent contractors and temporary employees are onboarded through Procom and have the flexibility to work on a project-by-project basis and may work from anywhere in Canada. Compensation is on an hourly basis, at a competitive rate. Please also note the following:
- As part of the Procom onboarding process, you will be required to pass a background check, which includes a criminal record check. In addition, a background check will be required annually if your contract is renewed.
- As part of the interview and onboarding process, and to ensure ongoing identity verification, you will be required to:
- show a piece of government issued ID during the interview so we can verify your identity;
- send Procom two pieces of ID; and
- send Deloitte a current photo of yourself which will be used as your profile picture.
- For scheduled meetings, you may be required to be on video.
- You must work in Canada at all times. Deloitte will monitor the location from which you connect to our systems.
About the team
As an independent contractor or temporary employee, you will be working with the Deloitte Team. Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today’s local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
Deloitte is driven by its Purpose to make an impact that matters to its clients, people, and communities. We have been supporting Indigenous leaders, communities, and organizations for nearly 30 years. By investing our time and professional skills, Deloitte aims to break down barriers, such as access to education and employment, in order to build an inclusive and sustainable future for all. By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
Minimum Qualifications/ Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Business, Finance, or related discipline
- 2 – 5 years of relevant experience working in Business Intelligence or Business Analysis
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SQL and other analytical delivery tools
- Sense of ownership and readiness to take on whatever responsibilities are required to complete deliverables on time; maintains a fast pace and manage multiple demands under pressure by prioritizing tasks, and being practical and results oriented
- Fast learner and creative problem solver with a great ability to multi-task
- Prior experience of working with fraud related technology and fraud solution management experience
- Strong knowledge of transactional fraud, account take-over and other fraud tactics
- Experience in building effective fraud prevention programs - both software and teams, analyzing, recommending, and managing fraud strategies
- Experience in leading/collaborating with fraud tech vendors to design, implement and operate fraud prevention and detection solutions
- Relevant industry certifications: CAMS, CFE, CFCS
We are currently recruiting for individuals who are available for remote project work from June 2023 to September 2023, with the possibility of extension. Remote work must be conducted from within Canada.
The next step is yours
Apply by June 2, 2023. Please include a cover letter and resume (saved as one file) with your application
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?