Facilities Services, Health & Safety (WSP) - Vancouver
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123750
Primary Location: Vancouver, BC
All Available Locations: Vancouver, BC
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Build a network of colleagues for life.
Are you a client minded and resilient individual looking for a career opportunity supporting the Vancouver practice as part of the Facilities Team within our Workplace Services offering?
What will your typical day look like?
The Workplace Services Professional is responsible for working with the Workplace Services Manager and various service delivery teams to oversee, maintain and ensure the smooth and efficient day to day operations of Deloitte’s offices. This role performs general clerical duties and tasks requiring attention to detail, accuracy, and precision. Duties are performed in accordance with established office routines and operations. The individual is expected to have knowledge of a general office environment, typical office practices and procedures prior to entering position.
Practical knowledge is required for delivering excellent office support services including;
- Participate in the maintenance, cleanliness, & operational success of our spaces
- Responding to Facilities related requests
- Resetting operational readiness for next day
- Drive health and safety compliance and initiatives
- Consistently deliver an elevated and differentiated workplace service experience. Always maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
- Coordinate the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee
- Coordinate monthly OH&S meetings
- Implement and oversee safety programs
- Identification of hazardous conditions and practices, including risk assessments and development of recommendation
- Provide support, advice, and guidance with respect to all health and safety activities
- Produces reports and statistical information as required
- Work closely with management to ensure all Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to as required
- Ensures all programs remain current with changing requirements/regulations and the entire safety program is reviewed annually
- Assist other Workplace Services functions as required (i.e., printing, mailroom configurations support)
This position is on-site full time. The core working hours are from 9am - 5:30 pm Monday-Friday, with flexibility as required to shift hours based on operational needs.
About the team
The members of the Workplace Services team possess a practical body of knowledge that is applied in the delivery of office support. It includes jobs in the areas of concierge/reception, mailroom, production services, catering, and facilities management.
The Workplace Services Professionals (WSP) are at the center of our clients and guests’ experience – setting the tone from beginning to end. They are responsible for providing an elevated hospitality service in line with the Orbis vision. Working closely with a team of colleagues and supported by the WSP manager, the individual will be required to demonstrate a keen knowledge of the firm, anticipate the needs of our guests and talent, go the extra mile when tending to both internal and external parties, react and problem solve efficiently and demonstrate attentive listening skills.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who is:
- 1-3 years’ work experience in Facility Services with concentration in Health & Safety
- Level 1 First Aid certification
- Intermediate level knowledge of MS programs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, comfortable with interacting with all levels of the company
- Demonstrated ability to deal with multiple priorities in a high pressure, client focused environment and able to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required.
- High attention to detail and task orientation with an ability to problem solve.
- Flexibility with work hours to support the needs of the business (core hours of the role are 9:00 am – 5:30 pm).
- Able to lift to 40 pounds.
- This position may require overtime
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?