REMOTE Project-based roles - Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Investigator
Job Type: Independent Contractor
Reference code: 123737
Primary Location: Anywhere in Canada (remote)
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Langley, BC; Moncton, NB; Ottawa, ON; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; St. John's, NL; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB
Do you have experience in anti-money laundering investigations? Are you seeking project-based work? Join our roster to participate in projects in the AML space!
What will your typical day look like?
Deloitte’s Dynamic Project Solutions (DPD) group is actively team members for upcoming Transaction Monitoring projects. As an independent contractor or temporary employee on this team, project work will vary but tasks will include:
- Executing investigative procedures on identified transactions or customer activity
- Analyzing, assessing, and escalating identified risks
- Summarizing investigative findings in a clear and concise manner, including drafting suspicious transaction reports
- Providing support for internal and external audits
Our team conducts project-based work using a roster of independent contractors or temporary employees under the supervision of our experienced Deloitte Project Managers. Our projects vary in length from a few weeks to several months. Independent contractors and temporary employees are onboarded through Procom and have the flexibility to work on a project-by-project basis and may work from anywhere in Canada. Compensation is on an hourly basis, at a competitive rate. Please also note the following:
- As part of the Procom onboarding process, you will be required to pass a background check, which includes a criminal record check. In addition, a background check will be required annually if your contract is renewed.
- As part of the interview and onboarding process, and to ensure ongoing identity verification, you will be required to:
- show a piece of government issued ID during the interview so we can verify your identity;
- send Procom two pieces of ID; and
- send Deloitte a current photo of yourself which will be used as your profile picture.
- For scheduled meetings, you may be required to be on video.
- You must work in Canada at all times. Deloitte will monitor the location from which you connect to our systems.
About the team
As an independent contractor or temporary employee, you will be working with the Deloitte Team. Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today’s local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
Deloitte is driven by its Purpose to make an impact that matters to its clients, people, and communities. We have been supporting Indigenous leaders, communities, and organizations for nearly 30 years. By investing our time and professional skills, Deloitte aims to break down barriers, such as access to education and employment, in order to build an inclusive and sustainable future for all. By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Our Financial Crime, Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”), Anti-Terrorist Financing (“ATF”) and Sanctions team focuses on legislative and regulatory issues impacting financial institutions, securities dealers, money services businesses, insurance companies, and related industries. We work in partnership with our clients to mitigate financial crime risk through advising on the design, implementation and maintenance of an effective financial crime compliance regime by enhancements to people, processes and technology aspects.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
Minimum Qualifications/ Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as Business/Commerce, Finance, Economics, Journalism, Political Science or Sociology.
- A minimum of six months Transactions Monitoring or AML experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the commercial, wealth and retail banking business or a CAMS certification would be an asset.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with the ability to summarize findings and present in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong attention to detail, acute problem-solving abilities, and an ability to maintain quality and focus while working on repetitive tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow established procedures, and comfort working both autonomously and as part of a team.
We are currently recruiting for individuals who are available for remote project work from June 2023 to September 2023, with the possibility of extension. Remote work must be conducted from within Canada.
The next step is yours
Apply by June 2, 2023. Please include a cover letter and resume (saved as one file) with your application
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?