Project Manager, Deloitte Global Technology
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123635
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
What will your typical day look like?
As a Project Manager, you will:
- Lead cross-functional teams in the delivery of high-risk, complex programs/projects as per Deloitte Technology program/project delivery guidelines and standards to meet technology and business requirements on time and within budget.
- Develop and demonstrate strong business knowledge of the assigned business units/portfolios/products.
- Influence and execute project/program management methodologies and standards.
- Identify all program/project stakeholders and defines/clarifies roles and responsibilities.
- Work with all stakeholders to identify and confirm necessary project and program resources throughout the project lifecycle and resolves resource availability conflicts.
- Build detailed program/project master schedules and promote collaboration through identified team sites.
- Conduct ongoing examination of projects within the program for compliance with established processes, project plans/schedules and budgets, influencing decisions on resource utilization and allocation at key project lifecycle decision points.
- Maintain oversight and accountability for program performance including creation/review of key project delivery metrics across projects within the program.
- Lead program/project issue/risk management, remediation plans, and escalation across channels, studios/service areas for projects within assigned programs – responsible for providing management direction in these areas and ensuring clear communication, consideration of all factors, generation of solution alternatives, and defined actionable plans.
- Prepare and deliver regular, audience-specific communications/reports/dashboards to ensure that program sponsors, key stakeholders, and leadership are adequately apprised of program and project statuses, successes, risks and issues.
- Manage and track project/program budget/variance and takes corrective actions.
- Propose changes to project methodologies, frameworks, and promotes best practices for continuous process improvement.
- Create, manage, and maintain all project/program related documents.
- Document, share and leverage project/program lessons learned.
- Accountable for all applicable PMO related processes and methodologies and their proper and consistent execution on all projects
- Provide regular and timely feedback to team members and their respective managers.
- Informally mentor other non-PMO team members on structured methodology, and best practices.
About the team
Deloitte Technology works at the forefront of technology development and processes to support and protect Deloitte around the world. In this truly global environment, we operate not in "what is" but rather "what can be" to help Deloitte deliver and connect with its clients, its communities, and one another in ways not previously conceived.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
As a Project Manager, you bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or IT
- Possess a PMP/Prince 2 certification
- Having a Agile/Scrum master certification is a plus.
- Three (3+) or more years' experience managing large, complex, cross-functional IT projects.
- Three (3+) or more years' experience utilizing a structured project management methodology and formal tools/approaches.
- Proven expertise in project estimation, planning, tracking, scope control, risk and issues management as well as status reporting.
- Advanced knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, and presentation of metrics.
- Excellent planning and organization skills. Ability to take a project/initiative/program from ideation and organize a plan.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers, yet represent accurately the perspective of Technology.
- Demonstrated ability to encourage, motivate and mentor team members.
- Technical skills:
- Sound knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Advanced skills in MS Project, Word, and Excel.
- Robust MS PowerPoint skills with proven record to create high impact audience specific presentations.
- ServiceNow experience is desirable
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?