Senior Manager - Operations, Deloitte Global, Office of General Counsel
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123627
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cuttingedge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with premier thought leaders in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?
What will your typical day look like?
- Business operations: Responsible for core departmental business operations activities, including financial planning and management, departmental communications and meetings, business continuity plans and records management, and other departmental administration functions.
- Budget: Leads and coordinates annual budget planning efforts, including developing year over year budget estimates. Assists departmental leadership with management of the budget by tracking actual spend versus budget estimates; running regular forecasts; liaising with the controller for Global OGC; and actively communicating budget status to departmental leadership. Develops and implements processes to facilitate budget management, including developing law firm billing guidelines and managing law firm adherence to billing guidelines. Responsible for approving billings and invoices. Assists with creation and management of project-specific budgets.
- Technology: Develops technology strategy and roadmap for Global OGC. Manages technology implementation for the department, including coordinating selection, procurement, implementation, and ongoing management of technology tools and platforms used by Global OGC; serving as technology liaison with Deloitte Technology; and identifying and assessing new and emerging technologies to determine their potential value to Global OGC.
- Talent: Manages key talent initiatives for department, including organizing in-person team meetings; supporting departmental leadership with filling open positions; coordinating on-boarding program for new hires; and overseeing operational people tracking (e.g., baseline headcount, contractor management). Supports leadership with identifying and organizing departmental or team-side training and development opportunities and serves as departmental liaison with Talent.
- Communications: Manages internal communications strategy, including organizing quarterly Town Halls and coordinates communications and announcements within Global OGC and with OGC teams across the Deloitte network.
- Leadership support: Facilitates agenda and discussion of leadership meetings, ensures follow-through of action items, plans leadership review of strategic initiatives and programs, advises leadership on emerging issues and team needs.
About the team
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network. In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark. Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Global General Counsel provides legal guidance and expertise to Deloitte Global, the broader Deloitte organization, and our business leaders. We advise on regulatory, claims, and corporate legal matters, as well as additional issues that may pose novel or unique situations.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- Demonstrated operational and project management experience, with ability to create structure and a plan to meet objectives with limited information in an ambiguous environment
- Financial acumen, including demonstrated ability to develop and manage budgets successfully
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and ability to leverage advanced functions in Excel
- Highly organized and proactive with strong attention to detail
- Ability to build consensus and work in a collaborative manner with all levels within an organization, and the ability to influence multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership skills and confidence in raising issues and ideas to leaders
- Hands-on self-starter with focus on continuous improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong ability to build connections and networks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Mature and discreet, with proven ability to handle sensitive information and situations
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?