Technical Product Manager, Deloitte Global Technology
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123621
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Langley, BC; Moncton, NB; Ottawa, ON; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
What will your typical day look like?
As a Technical Product Owner, you will be accountable and responsible for the end-to-end delivery of application technology solutions in line with strategic business objectives. You will ensure that the business needs are clearly understood, and the technology implemented meets the needs and expectations of the business. In this role you will work alongside an Agile development team to plan, develop, deliver, and evangelize state-of-the-art technology enablement products and services. You will take the lead on product planning, delivery, release management, and deployment to ensure technology standards and business needs are met. You will set expectations and manage priorities with the Deloitte Cloud Services leadership and understand the needs of your clients related to solution capabilities and product strategy. In addition, you will work with leadership to budget and prioritize planned and unplanned development and maintenance. To be successful in this role you will need a good balance of strong technical skills, keen product sense, and an understanding of how teams deliver software.
Day to Day work involves:
- Integrating the business strategy and knowledge of software capabilities (current and future) into vision and direction for all hosting and cloud related products.
- Bringing industry best practices and real-world experience as a Product Owner to help us move towards becoming a high performing DevOps organization.
- Leading product development aspects for Deloitte Cloud Services to include strategic planning, release execution, resource deployment, and overall leadership and coordination efforts.
- Collaborating with leadership to prepare overall product release schedule, milestones, tasks, estimates and to develop a strategy for execution of product backlog and roadmaps.
- Participating in technology/solution decisions with architecture and development teams ensuring that technical design, unit testing, deployment, and implementation requirements are met and properly documented.
- Collaborating with customers to analyze business and functional requirements that have an impact on business applications.
- Leading offshore resources, to optimize the mix of the development resources.
About the team
Deloitte Technology works at the forefront of technology development and processes to support and protect Deloitte around the world. In this truly global environment, we operate not in "what is" but rather "what can be" to help Deloitte deliver and connect with its clients, its communities, and one another in ways not previously conceived.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
As a Technical Product owner, you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications.
- 8 years working as a solutions architect, development manager or senior developer responsible for understanding the technical aspect of modern software development
- 3 years working in agile product development (preferably with the title as Product Owner or Product Manager) or 5 years as a member of an agile development team with responsibility for managing product features and capabilities
- Experience working within a Lean-agile software product development methodology such as Scrum, Kanban, or SAFe
- Experience with defining and documenting product requirements into small, well-articulated, and valuable deliverables
- Technical hands-on experience in cloud architecture and/or application development
- Lead the scrum team’s priorities in release planning, sprint planning, and other agile ceremonies, working in collaboration with solution architects, developers, senior product managers, contractors, and a variety of technology partners
- Align with senior product managers to clearly articulate product strategy to the scrum team
- Experience leading Agile/Scrum projects through to demonstrable successful release
- Ability to understand and relate to the business objectives and provide a high-quality automated solution
- Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager (or equivalent)
- Experience working in a SAFe environment with demonstrated competency of delivery against objectives
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?