Reception & Meeting Concierge - Vancouver
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123197
Primary Location: Vancouver, BC
All Available Locations: Vancouver, BC
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Build a network of colleagues for life.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
Are you a passionate individual looking for a new career opportunity? Interested in learning more about office operations? Look below!
What will your typical day look like?
The Facilities Coordinator is responsible for working with the Facilities Specialist and various service delivery teams to oversee maintain and ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day operations of Deloitte’s offices.
The role would include duties such as:
- Coordinating, overseeing repair and maintenance work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors performing building maintenance, etc.
- Assisting with floor inspections/walk-through (incl. workspace/service bay, elevators etc)
- Liaising with cleaning vendors for cleaning of common areas (e.g., kitchen, coffee areas) and furniture, and coordination of specialized intensive cleaning requests
- Reviewing work orders to ensure that assignments are completed, reporting to the Facilities Specialist
About the team
The members of the Business Operations team possess a practical body of knowledge that is applied in the delivery of office support. It includes jobs in the areas of procurement, mailroom, security, concierge, delivery and distribution, reception, records, telecommunications, hoteling resource management and facilities management. The Business Operations role draws upon knowledge of the specific function discipline and the organization's business practices to provide services to ensure the safe, efficient and effective operation of the organization. The Business Operations group is seeking a Facilities Coordinator for our Toronto area offices.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- 1-2 years work experience in a facilities environment is an asset
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Open to flexible shifts to work between 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM, and possible weekends
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, and move tables, chairs, boxes and/or moving bins
- May be required to work in all Toronto-region locations, and may require overtime
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?