Senior Legal Counsel, Office of the General Counsel
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123557
Primary Location: Montreal, QC
All Available Locations: Montreal, QC; Brossard, QC; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Langley, BC; Laval, QC; Moncton, NB; Ottawa, ON; Quebec City, QC; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; St. John's, NL; Toronto, ON; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
Are you looking to make an impact at a leading global professional services firm? Then we’re looking for talent like you to join the OGC!
What will your typical day look like?
Due to the nature of the role having interactions with National & Global clients, bilingualism in French and English is required for this position.
Your typical day as Senior Legal Counsel will include but not limited to:
- Working on a variety of complex commercial agreements such as:
- Master services agreements
- Responding to RFPs;
- Transformative IT consulting services with large private and public sector entities;
- Cyber security and other managed services offered by Deloitte; and
- Strategic alliance agreements.
- Preparing agreements for the procurement of technology solutions and other products and services.
- Advising on information/data security, privacy and confidentiality considerations.
- Supporting on proposals, particularly review of public sector contracts in requests for proposal in response to public sector tenders and contracting with the federal, provincial and municipal governments and Crown corporations.
About the team
This position will be part of our collegial and enthusiastic Office of the General Counsel. The Canadian OGC consists of approximately 25 people, including lawyers, paralegals, law clerks and paraprofessionals. We are looking for a motivated lawyer to add to the overall success of our team. This is a multi-faceted role with many opportunities to do a variety of challenging work.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who is:
- 8+ years of work experience as a corporate/commercial lawyer either at a law firm or as in-house counsel with a background in technology preferred.
- Licensed member of the Quebec Bar in good standing. Call to the Ontario bar would be an asset, but not required.
- Fluent in English and French with work experience in civil law is a requirement for this position
- Transactional involvement within a broad range of industries.
- Self-motivated with a desire to work both independently and in a collegial team environment.
- Strong desire to build relationships within Quebec and the rest of Canada.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with experience resolving complex issues; possesses strong decision-making skills and excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organization skills and able to manage competing priorities in a time sensitive manner.
- Demonstrated willingness to accept challenges and ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment with competing client demands.
- Experience drafting and negotiating, commercial contracts, license agreements, master services agreements, transitional services agreements, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements.
- Client-service oriented with a proven commitment to quality.
- Demonstrates consistent thought leadership and strategic thinking in sensitive and complex situations.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?