Senior Manager - Business Relationship Management / IT Portfolio Management
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 120181
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Manager, Business Relationship Management/ IT Portfolio Management some of your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and grow relationships with senior management within the Services or Enabling areas to achieve a seat at the table
- Build the portfolio vision to identify each portfolio’s value streams and solutions and describes how they will cooperate to achieve the portfolio’s objectives and the broader aim of the firm
- Key person point of contact between the business and technology for nonsupport related issues
- Manage various project portfolios and, play an advisory and liaison role between client and technology teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of service/business group strategies to support and drive priorities within the portfolio.
- Assist sponsors in developing business cases, value and benefit realization plans.
- Support the development of a technology strategy and, technology future state to meet the needs of the business
- Identify portfolio level risks, cross-portfolio dependencies and, resolve issues and competing priorities within the portfolio.
- Support annual and ongoing intake prioritization and documentation of requests that are aligned to the client’s priorities while also considering ITS resources and other initiatives.
- Work closely with business leaders to understand the people, processes, and technology that enable the firm's business capabilities as part of the project request submission process.
- Plan and co-ordinate meetings, conduct interviews and run working sessions with various business stakeholders.
- Serve as an escalation point for change requests unresolved by projects and, attending steering committees.
- Develop and own key portfolio deliverables such as portfolio roadmaps, account plans, project initiation documents and other necessary tools to enable decision-making and project delivery transition.
About the team
The Planning and Project Services (PPS) team within ITS (Information Technology Services department) requires a Business Relationship Manager to work closely with various leaders across Deloitte’s consulting, advisory, audit, and internal business organizations as a trusted advisor, assisting in the advancement of Business Relationship Management within the firm. The planning and project services office provides leadership in the design, development, and execution of technology strategy to ensure business satisfaction and overall organizational growth.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
We are looking for someone with:
- University degree in business, information technology, or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications
- Fluent Spanish-speaking candidates is strongly recommended and will be given preference
- Minimum of 7 years in the IT field working on technology strategy, project management, business analysis or leading work streams focused towards enabling a business strategy
- At least 2 years’ experience in Business Relationship Management or related role (e.g. managing and prioritizing IT initiatives to implement business strategy)
- Experience interacting with senior management, including C level executives
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of management and staff
- Experience working within a matrix organization
- Strong influencing skills and effective consensus building skills
- Strong analytical, interpretive, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage work under constantly changing conditions and tight deadlines
- Ability to work closely with both business and technical resources at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player, motivated, innovative
- Ability to influence, negotiate and be diplomatic
- Knowledge of trends/marketplace as it pertains to technology
- Advanced Microsoft Office proficiency with Excel, and PowerPoint, Visio, Word
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Service Now would be an asset
- Process engineering and mapping would be an asset
- Understanding of project and program management principles and frameworks would be an asset
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint collaboration tools would be an asset
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?