Senior Associate - M&A Transaction Services (Corporate Development Assist)
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123398
Primary Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
All Available Locations: Montreal, QC
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
Are you looking for an opportunity for career advancement, change, to work with business owners and executives on their acquisition and divestiture process and to participate in the development of a new department? Read more below about joining our group of dedicated M&A professionals!
In our Deloitte Corporate Development Assist M&A team, we value the opportunity to network and build relationships with skilled individuals, especially those who enjoy working in M&A. If you are interested in this role and have the required prerequisites, we would welcome your application.
What will your typical day look like?
In this role you will:
- Grow the Corporate Development Assist practice, participate in internal and external awareness activities, work with and present to senior firm and client leadership;
- Execute and lead client M&A engagements of a strategic nature, including corporate development activities, such as market / company scanning and target outreach, commercial market assessments, and commercial model inputs assessments;
- Aid with firm eminence and client-support activities, including market assessments, M&A research, and writing internal / external research publications. These will focus on select priority industries; and
- Work with national group leadership in the management, administration, and maintenance of ongoing internal and strategic growth initiatives.
About the team
Deloitte’s Corporate Development Assist function supports client organizations realize their strategic M&A goals by providing the dedicated capacity and expertise of a team with decades of experience leading corporate development offices. Enhanced by innovative process accelerators, Deloitte provides support at all stages of the acquisition, divestiture, portfolio management and value creation lifecycles.
Our team supports our clients in all stages of the M&A lifecycle through our One-Deloitte approach. We engage on transactions in the mid-market and serve primarily mid-market private and public sector clients.
The Corporate Development team is a collaborative team of 4 people around the country with significant M&A lifecycle end-to-end and corporate development expertise in various companies and countries
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are a highly agile candidate with a multi-disciplinary professional background and ability to conduct basic commercial and financial analysis for a variety of internal and client engagements. Candidate would be an effective team-player with the ability to work in small groups and on multiple projects while being adaptable to changing client requests. Responsibilities may evolve based on ability and initiative of candidate.
As well as:
- 6 months+ of experience in a corporate development, M&A, corporate strategy, consulting, or private equity. Candidates with corporate development and M&A experience are preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to converse with senior management and clients.
- French language skills are mandatory
- Knowledge and familiarity with S&P Capital IQ, and other company intelligence platforms; and industry knowledge would be considered an asset.
- Basic knowledge of financial statement analysis, modelling, conducting financial research, and market assessments is required
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?