Senior Associate, Value Advisory - Edmonton
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123526
Primary Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
All Available Locations: Edmonton, AB
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
Opportunity to join a dynamic, exciting and challenging work environment with unlimited potential!
- We are focused on business, intangible and asset valuation in a variety of industries for a variety of purposes.
- We support mergers & acquisitions, partnerships, licensing, tax strategies, litigation & disputes, accounting, investing and reporting.
- We apply our skills, knowledge and experience to help our clients create value, seize opportunities and solve problems.
- We have a supportive, diversified and entrepreneurial workplace.
What will your typical day look like?
A typical day will include meetings with colleagues and clients to scope, frame, execute and deliver reports, insights, advice and impact. This will include research, analysis, report creation, presentations, and delivery. We work with a variety of clients in a range of size and industries including private companies, publicly traded companies, governments, crown corporations, and investors. We also work closely with our colleagues across Deloitte to create customized teams to ensure we have the optimal mix of expertise and experience to deliver a client experience that is exceptional!
As a Senior Associate you will:
- Work collaboratively as part of a local, regional and national team of talented advisors,
- Cultivate and maintain valued relationships with clients, colleagues and key contacts,
- Lead team members in executing and preparing client deliverables,
- Compile, analyze and provide insights to aid our clients in their decision making,
- Identify issues, define symptoms and recommend solutions,
- Employ a structured approach to project management to ensure complete client satisfaction and project profitability,
- Prioritize objectives and conduct project planning, engagement oversight, and reporting,
- Develop your expertise in a specialization and your reputation as a business advisor,
- Contribute to practice growth and development,
- Participate in the development and delivery of training programs,
- Support in the management of budgets, work-in-process, and billings,
- Coach and mentor junior practitioners to their highest potential.
About the team
Deloitte’s Value Advisory team specializes in solving complex business and transaction issues, including analyzing valuation alternatives and recommending solutions. We understand how to quantify and present valuation analyses and conclusions in concert with prevailing accounting, tax, and regulatory requirements for transaction, financing, litigation, strategic management, and compliance purposes.
Our main areas of focus are:
Damage quantification (loss of income, IP infringement, shareholder disputes);
Valuations related to financial statement reporting (business combinations, options);
Mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures;
Partnering, alliances and licensing;
Income tax strategies and events;
Strategic and financial consulting; and
We have a diverse team that is energized, supports each other and our clients and delivers on our promises. Our team includes people with CPAs, CBVs, CFAs, MBAs, CFEs and other qualifications. We believe in life-long learning and are always excited to examine new ideas, new ways of working and new opportunities!
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- Two years of work experience in industry and/or at an accounting firm.
- CPA or CPA candidate would be an asset
- Strong analytical and research skills, business thinking and insights
- Self-discipline, organization, able to set priorities and manage competing demands
- Excellent computer and analytical skills
- Superb communication skills: written and oral
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?