Senior Finance Manager - OperateNext
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123282
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Do you enjoy the remote working environment and the flexibility it provides? Are you an experienced senior finance professional with sharp technical and analytical skills and an exceptional client-service orientation based on trust and integrity? We want to hear from you!
What will your typical day look like?
In joining our team, you will play an integral part of the engagement team for clients working across all industries. You will help businesses grow and succeed with the provision of comprehensive financial solutions, including outsourcing of accounting and finance functions and business advisory services for large domestic and global clients. Thanks to the diversity of our client engagements, the scope of your role may include the responsibilities summarized below:
• Responsible for all financial functions of the organization – financial reporting, tax, treasury, capital structure, risk management for our clients
• Lead large accounting teams in the finance and accounting function including controllership and historical reporting for our clients.
• Oversee reporting of financial information to all stakeholders for our clients.
• Responsible for the quality of financial reporting for our clients
• Financial statement close reviews to ensure the quality and timeliness of reporting for our clients - Strong technical accounting skills and understanding of IFRS are a must
• Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements for our clients
• Maintain the integrity of the accounting system and inputs for our clients
• Understanding, developing, implementing and monitoring an adequate control environment for our clients
• Supervising and mentoring accounting teams
• Develop improved processes (people, process, software) for our clients
• Roll out new technology into the accounting function to gain efficiency
• Client relations
• Business development including preparation and presentation of proposals
• Project manage a portfolio of both client and internal projects
• Supporting the creation of marketing material.
• Collaborating internally to develop custom solutions for large clients
• Support partner with strategy and execution of strategy into the business
• Ad hoc
About the team
Operate Finance provides client service solutions to private and public enterprises across a variety of industries. Members of the team will be engaging in their daily responsibilities primarily from home.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are a senior Finance practitioner with the following education, experience and attributes:
• Professional accounting designation required
• 10+ years of progressive corporate controllership experience; previous accounting and advisory firm experience a strong asset
• 5+ years of senior management and leadership experience
• Experience running large accounting and finance teams up to the Controllership level.
• Large accounting ERP system experience (e.g. Yardi, SAP, Oracle, Workday, etc.) with propensity to learn new software, as required
• Relevant working experience with Yardi Software is an asset
• Experience in the real estate industry is an asset
• Strong technical accounting skills and understanding of IFRS
• Operational experience
• Business development experience
• Commercial experience and negotiation skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience with outsourcing accounting functions is an asset
• Experience understanding, developing, implementing and monitoring an adequate control environment
• Intermediate to advanced level of MS Office Suite proficiency (e.g., MS Excel, Outlook, Word)
• Ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities leveraging sound attention to detail and strong organization skills
• Strong project management capabilities and ability to manage complex projects
• Experience in talent development and strong coaching skills
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, as well as, on a team
• Demonstrate the ability to be a team player
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?