Technical Data Specialist
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123439
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
What will your typical day look like?
The candidate will be involved in development, production support and enhancements of a complex multi-layer software application and processes within the team. The Data Technical Specialist role is pivotal to the success of data production support, reporting/campaign management model. The role involves a mixture of production execution steps, understanding business initiatives and developing campaigns. The incumbent will be the link between the business leads, quality control and analytical analysts within our team, and the larger project teams.
• Design, develop, document automated and standardized processes for client/internal applications
• Execute production jobs and client requests on time with high quality
• Respond to client inquiries and issues within defined time frame
• Create reports and data extracts for client requests and provide insights based on the data
• Perform production validation procedures to ensure business requirements are met and generate reports to be verified by Quality Control Analyst.
• Work with Quality Control Team to establish objectives and implement processes to support standards through the Stage Gate methodology
• Implement production fixes/upgrades as required to support existing process
• Propose new enhancements to existing processes through new/modified usage of existing programs
• Remove corrupted data and fix coding errors and related problems as required
• Perform analysis to assess quality and meaning of data; identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets
• Support and/or execute build and maintenance of Marketing Campaigns
Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Applied Science/Applied Mathematics/Computer Science/Business Information Systems, or relevant degree with strong focus on math or data
• Minimum 3-5 years experience as a Data Management Specialist, or any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities for successful performance
• Solid understanding of database technologies
• Previous experience and knowledge of programming languages like SQL, BASE SAS, SAS EG
• Experience with Campaign Management and CRM tools
• Technical proficiency in database design development, data models, data profiling and reporting
• Demonstrated initiative, excellent problem-solving and attention to detail
• Adept at queries, writing reports, and input to management presentations
• Demonstrated ability in a fast-paced environment and manage competing priorities
• Collaborative and strong team-working skills
• Strong capability to understand relevant business parameters along with an ability to select appropriate processes or procedures from multiple options
• Excellent verbal, written communication skills
• Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of data visualization software
About the team
Our team has in-house data specialists who serve data management needs for organizations across all industries including financial institutions, retail, life sciences and healthcare, B2B, education, government and automotive
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
• Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We’re also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
• Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
• Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
• Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
• Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mind¬set, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?