Senior Manager - M&A Value Creation Services (VCS) - Enterprise Profitability Calgary
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123366
Primary Location: Calgary, AB
All Available Locations: Calgary, AB
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, ambitious, results oriented individual to make a significant contribution to our dynamic and growing Value Creation Services Team (VCS).
What will your typical day look like?
As part of our VCS Enterprise Profitability team, you will directly support our Partners and Directors. Your day-to-day responsibility will be to lead a team, quantifying and qualifying both revenue growth and cost reduction opportunities, developing an approach to executing these opportunities and working with clients to ultimately realize the benefit financially. You will be responsible for ensuring that the committed results to the client are delivered on-time and the supporting deliverables to achieve results are executed on time, are within budget and are of impeccable quality.
• Designing the discreet project approach, key event schedule, management system, process and managerial behavior improvements
• Preparing regular feedback, presentations, critiques, documentation and performance updates to the client and Deloitte management
• Providing leadership, management and training to the internal team
• Training the client management team on the methodology, including the management operating system, process improvements and managerial behaviour change required to support substantial incremental improvement to the bottom line.
• Collaborating with Partners and Directors across Deloitte to identify opportunities for Enterprise Profitability.
• Participating in the upfront business development proposals and operational analyses to design an approach and cashflow that meets the client’s business requirements.
• Contributing to the knowledge of Deloitte by developing and submitting methodology, updating current tools/templates and designing new tools/templates to improve how we impact the profitability of our clients.
• Compliance with client workplace health and safety regulations.
About the team
Situated within Financial Advisory, Mergers & Acquisitions, our Value Creation Services (VCS) team plays a pivotal role as clients transform their businesses. This includes both deal activity as well as enterprise profitability work outside of deals. You will participate in operational due diligence and over deal activity from time to time but will focus their efforts on executing engagements around cost reduction, working capital and revenue growth management. You will want to combine your operational management consulting skills and abilities with our proven approach and methodologies to drive results for our clients.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
• Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree is considered an asset
• Minimum 7 years of work experience in operations management consulting or direct equivalent including a minimum 4 years of experience managing implementation/operations-based projects where operating cash flow improvements were measured
• Fluent in both financials and operational metrics
• Ability to travel to client sites and offices across Canada as required
• Exceptional leadership and management skills to lead, train, develop and hold employees accountable
• Demonstrated performance in consistently meeting or exceeding project deliverables and objectives
• Strong command of English with excellent written and oral communication skills for all locations
• Strong command of French with excellent written and oral communication skills is required for our Montreal location and an asset for any location.
• Ability to communicate confidently across all levels of an organization
• Desire and comfort to work directly with clients at all management levels on a daily basis.
• Strong facilitation and persuasion skills
• Attention to detail
• High level of energy, persistence, and strong desire to achieve results
• Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word, Outlook, Access)
We are looking forward to hearing from you !
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?