Associate Lawyer/ Senior Manager-Employment & Labour Law
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123378
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Brossard, QC; Burlington, ON; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Langley, BC; Laval, QC; Montreal, QC; Ottawa, ON; Quebec City, QC; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON
Be part of a growing practice affiliated with a pre-eminent professional services firm.
About Deloitte Legal Canada
We are a growing national practice of 30+ lawyers with offices in Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver. Our specialties are in tax, cyber security and data privacy, and labour and employment. We work alongside our colleagues at Deloitte to provide top-tier legal services to our clients while leveraging the tremendous breadth and scope of industry knowledge and experience at Deloitte, a pre-eminent global professional services firm. Our compensation and benefits are competitive with top-tier full service law firms in our market.
About the team
The Employment and Labour group at Deloitte Legal Canada advises our clients on all aspects of the employment relationship, in unionized and non-unionized settings, at both the provincial and federal level. In collaboration with our colleagues at Deloitte LLP, we have a sub-specialty in labour relations advisory services, and in conducting workplace investigations.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- An LLB or JD with excellent academic record and demonstrated student involvement.
- Member in good standing of the Law Society of Upper Canada (ON), Law Society of British Columbia (BC) or Law Society of Quebec (QC)
- If called in Quebec, must be bilingual and also be willing to be called in Ontario due to client demands
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience practicing exclusively in the labour and employment group of a national or global top-tier law firm, well-known boutique or corporate in-house. Demonstrated interest and commitment to employment and labour law is essential; interest and experience in conducting workplace investigations is an asset.
- Excellent, detail-oriented drafting, research, analysis, and communication skills, together with sound client management skills and experiences. In our practice, facts ( and words) matter, and attention to detail is essential.
- Shows high qualities of self-reflection, self-awareness, self-management and insight.
- An entrepreneurial, resourceful spirit with the ability to thrive in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Awareness of and demonstrated commitment to ESG and social justice matters is an asset.
- Fluency in oral and written French is an asset, but not required.
Please note that hiring will comply with Deloitte hiring processes, with input from Deloitte Legal Canada. At Deloitte, we are focused on doing business inclusively—It begins with the diversity of colleagues of all skills!We invite you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitmentprocess, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We will be happy to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications close on June 1, 2023.
Deloitte Legal Canada is a national law firm. Our team of lawyers has extensive experience in multiple specialties including tax controversy, tax litigation, tax advisory, employment & labour, and data privacy & cybersecurity law. The law firm of Deloitte Legal Canada is privileged to be affiliated with Deloitte, a professional services firm with global eminence.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?