Senior Manager- M&A Consulting- Human Capital
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123352
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Calgary, AB
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters..
- Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Are you looking for a rewarding career that helps North America’s leading institutions solve their most complex M&A lifecycle challenges? Then look no further, this is the role for you!
What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Manager, you will build long-term relationships with senior executive clients (i.e., C-suite, EVP, SVP level). You will also identify and lead business development opportunities; assume overall leadership in the delivery of projects, supported by a core team of consultants; apply a strong knowledge of multiple industries and business practices; contribute to the growth and development of Deloitte’s M&A Consulting team; and create a learning environment through leadership, participating in the development and delivery of industry training programs.
Senior Managers are leaders within Deloitte consulting’s SAMA portfolio (Strategy, Analytics and Mergers & Acquisitions), principally responsible for business development and overall project delivery leadership. Senior Managers bring deep industry knowledge and expertise, such that they are viewed both internally and externally as “subject matter experts.” Additionally, Senior Managers are positioned directly below Partners and play an important internal role in firm management, leading practice-building initiatives and actively contributing to the practice’s distinct culture as organizational role models.
About the team
Deloitte’s M&A Consulting practice delivers comprehensive consulting services and comprises Strategy, Operations, Finance, Human Capital, and Technology experts. Our practitioners are involved in all phases of the M&A lifecycle, including strategy, due diligence, operational readiness, pre- and post-close integration/separation planning and execution, and follow-on transformation.
We are actively building our presence in the Toronto, Montreal and Calgary markets. Candidates will be asked to select either Toronto, Montreal or Calgary as their primary office.
M&A Human Capital
Our Human Capital M&A specialists help our clients proactively plan, coordinate, and manage employee-focused initiatives throughout the M&A lifecycle. The services offered cover the full range of Human Capital related M&A efforts, including: HR functional integration; operating model and organization design; change management and communications; culture assessment and integration.
The Human Capital Senior Manager will primarily focus on supporting the execution of Human Capital initiatives throughout the M&A lifecycle. The Senior Manager will collaborate with senior leaders and also manage junior M&A Consulting practitioners. Additionally, you will have multiple other responsibilities, and are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways:
- Engagement management: Support engagement leaders with engagement scoping, planning, the management of engagement economics and risks; manage engagement teams; develop deliverable structure and content; support buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client.
- Manage day-to-day interactions with stakeholders: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; and establish and sustain long-term relationships with clients at a senior level.
- Contribute to practice development and eminence: Participate in the creation of practical solutions and methodologies; support and contribute to the development of "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents; and participate in or support industry and eminence events sponsored by the firm.
- Talent development: Develop high performing people and teams by being a counselor and coach for junior team members, provide input into the staffing process, participate in staff recruitment and retention activities, and provide support for delivery teams and staff.
- Develop core offering expertise: Leverage deep personal expertise in M&A and Human Capital service offerings to support sales pursuits and develop marketplace eminence.
- Sales and business development: Participate in business development activities, manage pursuit teams, participate in aspects of the proposal development process, and support the development of proposal pricing strategies.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a similar role in consulting
- First-hand experience delivering one or more M&A projects and demonstrated expertise in at least three of the following areas:
- Organization design
- Workforce transition
- Change management and communications
- Talent strategy development/implementation
- HR functional integration
- Leadership development & coaching
- A leader who embraces human and technical skills to reach solutions and inspire teams through complex engagements
- Knowledge of the myriad issues that face CHROs, with a track record of providing solutions to those issues
- Ability to develop and communicate new ideas and conceptualize innovative approaches and solutions
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously with a proven ability to sell, lead, and deliver client engagements in a consulting capacity
- Adept at maintaining long term business relationships at a senior level, and leveraging relationships to develop business opportunities
- Knowledgeable of market trends, competitor environment, and corporate and business strategies
- Experience guiding clients on key concepts and strategies for M&A engagements, including but not limited to stranded cost analyses, demanding timelines, business continuity during transformation, and synergy identification and capture
- A good understanding of Canadian and US employment law
- Ability to support the development of a growing team, with an exceptional culture
- Ability to articulate leading business issues and trends, including the associated Human Capital implications within one or more industries
- Experience working in the following industries:
- Financial Services
- Energy and Resources
- Tech, Media, Telco
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?