M&A Value Creation Services (VCS) Manager - Calgary
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123360
Primary Location: Calgary, AB
All Available Locations: Calgary, AB
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Develop your industry knowledge and technical and other abilities rapidly so that you become famous for what you do and require minimum manager supervision;
- Work on client engagement teams executing VCS advisory services, supporting key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for turnarounds and/or M&A transactions;
- Conduct detailed research and analysis of client, industry and market performance and develop practical strategies and action plans, including the supporting financial analysis, models and implementation plans
Deloitte’s Value Creation Services (VCS) team offers its clients cross-functional advisory services when deadlines are often urgent. We help solve our client’s most complex business and performance challenges, whether they be in thriving or distressed business transformation situations, or the cut-and-thrust environment of M&A.
What will your typical day look like?
As a Manager you’ll have the opportunity to work across the full range of VCS services at times, although we expect that you will primarily focus on delivering one of the three services based on your skills and experience. Whatever your role, you will have three broad responsibilities Client Engagements, Business Development and People Development and Practice Management.
About the team
The VCS team works in many industries but has a particular focus on Consumer, Industrials, Energy and Natural Resources, Cannabis and Financial Services. You can read more about the industries supported on our website https://www2.deloitte.com/ca/en.html
We focus on:
• Enterprise Profitability (EP): Our EP Service identifies and implements opportunities that radically improve its client’s EBITDA and cash flow. The service helps clients with rapid revenue and market growth initiatives; cost reduction; working capital optimization; and business model transitions, transformations and modernization.
• Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD): Our EDD Service offers Operational, IT, Commercial and HR due diligence to help clients drive informed bids, frame out risk factors, uncover value potential through synergy reviews, and get a head start on post-merger integration planning.
• M&A Execution (MA): Our MA Service works with clients pre- and post-signing to design, plan and execute merger and acquisition transition programs. Our work helps to maximize the deal value, minimize Day 1 disruption, accelerate and de-risk deal closing. This service also helps clients to determine their future state operating model by function and develop and implement the roadmap to close and beyond.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
• A Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of approximately 4 years of related work experience in professional services or similar strategic roles in industry;
• Preference will be given to candidates with a professional designation (CPA-CA/CMA, LSS Black Belt amongst others) and/or a Masters (including MBA).
• Proven core consulting skills, including hypothesis-based problem solving, analytical rigor and discipline and superior structured communication capability (reports, PPT presentations and other deliverables);
• A proven ability to deliver the full cycle of consulting project management accountabilities (project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, storyboarding, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability, risk identification and mitigation and team leadership);
• Flexibility and adaptability on work assignments, including a willingness and ability to learn new skills, subject matter, industries and to travel. Bilingual (French and English required)
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?