Senior Manager, Technical Architect- Deloitte Global Technology
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123333
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Langley, BC; Moncton, NB; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; St. John's, NL; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
What will your typical day look like?
In this role, the Senior Manager leads and oversees all architectural aspects of development projects for Solutions organization under Deloitte Technology. Manages architectural direction and changes for multiple products. Supports enterprise-wide business solutions in production as needed. Accountable and responsible for architectural and technical deliverables. Provides enterprise architectural strategy and oversees its implementation. Provides consultation directly to IT and business leadership around suite of applications. Recommends emerging technologies and appropriate technical approaches for solutions. You will work with technical delivery managers and technical leads to provide technology recommendations and industry best practices.
Other duties will include:
- Identify and resolve technical issues, risks, and conflicts within the organization and provide mitigations
- Proactively manage changes in Portfolio & Solutions roadmaps, identify possible risks, and devise contingency plans
- Provide hands-on leadership in the delivery of application enhancement releases, configuration and deployment activities, and automation of testing and deployment activities
- Provide architectural and design direction to Deloitte Technology development teams, and software development teams across multiple geographies
- Respond to and coordinate the resolution of production incidents in a timely manner
- Monitor emerging technology trends within assigned product/technology area
About the team
Deloitte Technology works at the forefront of technology development and processes to support and protect Deloitte around the world. In this truly global environment, we operate not in "what is" but rather "what can be" to help Deloitte deliver and connect with its clients, its communities, and one another in ways not previously conceived.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
As a Senior Manager, Technical Architect, the qualifications required are:
- Understanding of database development, using the following tools: MS SQL Server, T-SQL, ADO/ADO.NET, SSRS, SSIS
- Knowledge of implementation management of enterprise level n-tier solutions (OOD/OOA, SOA, and Web Services); and Cloud implementations and architecture
- Experience with software development lifecycle methodologies (SAFe Agile); ADO DevOps
- Proficiency in SAP integration and full technical knowledge of all phases of applications programming
- Knowledge of core HR and Talent processes SuccessFactors, Azure, Avature, ServiceNow and other cloud based technologies
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?