Director, ESG Reporting Advisory, Future Opportunities
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 122263
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Brossard, QC; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Langley, BC; Laval, QC; Moncton, NB; Montreal, QC; Ottawa, ON; Quebec City, QC; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; St. John's, NL; Toronto, ON; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
At Deloitte, our ESG Reporting Advisory Team combines its deep technical expertise in corporate reporting with clients’ sustainability reporting needs. The ESG Reporting Advisory team provides advisory and assurance services for clients throughout their ESG reporting journey, ranging from gap assessments to disclosure and communications advisory to assurance over ESG information. Our team works with clients to ensure that ESG is embedded at the core of an organization’s purpose and takes a holistic approach centered on integrated thinking.
Our team includes specialists who bring industry-specific sustainability perspectives with a focus on complex accounting, regulatory requirements, investor relations and overall communications in corporate reporting.
What will your typical day look like?
As a director, you will :
• Be the leadership of the ESG Advisory Reporting Practice, driving growth in the market, and be accountable for the delivery of multiple projects including sustainability-related assurance and advisory services.
• Develop strategies to increase the firm’s visibility in the market, act as an ambassador of the firm while engaging with stakeholders (boards, industry group, current prospective clients, etc.) to grow Deloitte’s ESG proposition.
• Act as a trusted advisor to clients an assist them on their ESG journey from strategy through reporting
• Be a global subject-matter expert on upcoming sustainability standards, inputting into Deloitte’s global interpretative guidance for applying ESG reporting frameworks including the International Sustainability Standards.
• Develop thought-leadership around the future of ESG reporting and the intersection with ESG strategy and governance.
• Providing leadership & mentoring to junior team members
About the team
Our ESG reporting advisory team focuses on assisting our clients and internal Deloitte teams in several ESG reporting related projects, such as: board education, report readiness, assurance, report development, reporting diagnostic and reporting accelerator lab. We help our clients integrate sustainability considerations into business decisions making and drive behavioral change.
Our team culture is collaborative and encourages team members to take initiative and seek on-the-job learning opportunities. Our professionals are committed to excellence and to enhancing the trust of the investing public and capital markets. Quality is our top priority, and by focusing on innovation, we continue to raise the bar on quality and deliver greater value to our clients.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
• Must have a CPA, CA designation or equivalency and possess a minimum 12 years of relevant work experience
• Proven track record of business development and growth.
• Should possess strong assurance & advisory technical skills and solid knowledge of the ESG reporting landscape including existing and upcoming standards and frameworks
• Ability to think critically about issues from a strategic and growth perspective, anticipating changes and developments in the market
• Effective consensus building, conflict resolution, and team-building skills, including being a role model for others and imparting knowledge and experience to junior team members
• Experience with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
• Strong management and communication skills
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?