Senior Manager - International Tax
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123325
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Halifax, NS; Montreal, QC; Ottawa, ON; Quebec City, QC; Vancouver, BC
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
- Grow your network and your knowledge by joining one of our many Employee Resource Groups.
Are you looking for a new career opportunity in International Tax? Do you like working in a fast paced and challenging environment? Look at the position below!
What will your typical day look like?
- Plan and lead engagements including structuring corporate investment and developing tax strategies
- Proactively take relevant and valuable tax ideas to our clients to grow the practice
- Build relationships at a senior level and be seen as a trusted business advisor
- Achieve your expertise in an International Tax specialization
- Participate in the development and delivery of training programs
- Actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential
- Create a learning environment through leadership
About the team
Deloitte delivers a comprehensive, practical approach to tax planning that helps multinational businesses meet their worldwide tax responsibilities.
Deloitte delivers a comprehensive, practical approach to tax planning that helps multinational businesses meet their worldwide tax and statutory responsibilities while identifying planning opportunities and providing specialized services to achieve cost efficiencies in line with the company’s risk profile. We believe that the most defensible tax strategies are aligned with the company’s operations and integrated with the overall business plan.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- A completed master’s degree or accounting designation or LLB
- 4 to 7 years of relevant work experience; of which at least 2 years includes experience in Canadian Inbound/Oubound International Tax
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability and team leadership
- Execute on complex tax engagements and work closely with the Partners in exceeding our client's expectations while identifying and mitigating tax risks
- Experienced in business development and building a practice
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?