Business Systems Analysis Manager - Deloitte Global Technology
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123295
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Langley, BC; Moncton, NB; Ottawa, ON; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; St. John's, NL; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
What will your typical day look like?
As a Business Systems Analysis Manager, your typical day will involve:
- Maintaining a solid knowledge base of the functional capabilities and is a Subject Matter Expert for the products assigned.
- Possessing overall understanding of applicable business processes and workflows.
- Assisting Engagement Manager/Technical Delivery Manager (TDM) in directing, and reviewing all activities associated with delivering technology products. Responsible for product quality, project timeliness, and customer satisfaction.
- Serving as functional and business process expert, ensuring that both business needs and end-user needs are understood and reflected in every solution we deliver, distinguished by world-class quality.
- Interfacing with clients to define and document requirements for a named set of custom developed or vendor software products.
- Collaborating with the Clients, Engagement Manager, Architects and TDM in creating and presenting the appropriate project on-boarding processes and materials (Charter/SOW/High-level Requirements) and operational & support activities.
- Participating in Design Thinking sessions to gain insights into end user and customer needs.
- Creating documentation including requirement User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, Feature Description PowerPoint decks, Process Flows and Analysis Models, Personas, Journey Maps, Wireframes and User Guides.
- Managing the Product Backlog for a Product, working with the other BSAs and Engagement Manager to prioritize requirements, define and manage scope and sprints for a project.
- Engaging business owners and other ITS resources to respond to requests for new applications and/or enhancements.
- Working with the Engagement Manager and clients to plan user engagement activities and execute User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and/or facilitate continuous testing during agile projects.
- Providing operational support to practitioners and firm clients. Engages with various ITS organizations to resolve problems as they arise.
About the team
Deloitte Technology works at the forefront of technology development and processes to support and protect Deloitte around the world. In this truly global environment, we operate not in "what is" but rather "what can be" to help Deloitte deliver and connect with its clients, its communities, and one another in ways not previously conceived.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
In this role, you possess:
- Minimum six (6) or more years of experience working in supporting multiple software projects in various IT roles.
- Three (3) or more years of Business Analyst or System Analysis experience.
- Minimum three (3) or more years of Quality Assurance or Software development experience.
- Experience providing Analyst support for Azure, SharePoint and .Net projects.
- In-depth knowledge of software development lifecycles including Safe AGILE framework development and testing.
- Test plan creation, automated test scripting, and load/stress testing.
- Either a Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA)
- Familiarity with SharePoint, Azure DevOps, MS Project, and wire-framing or visualization tools is a plus.
- Prior experience that demonstrates good business understanding is needed (experience in a professional services organization is a plus).
- Demonstrated ability in applying repeatable quality assurance processes and methods to enterprise wide technology projects or initiatives.
- Experience in dealing with multiple projects and cross-functional teams, and ability to coordinate across teams in a large matrix organization environment.
- Ability to effectively conduct technical discussions directly with Project/Product management, and clients.
- Robust relationship building and maintaining skill - foster a climate conducive to establishing positive working relationships with clients (internal and external).
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?