Strategic Sourcing, Senior Staff, Deloitte Global CoRe Procurement
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123259
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Leverage the Deloitte CPA Advantage program, a comprehensive support program for CPA modules and the CFE.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Enjoy My Benefit Dollars - a flexible benefit to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
- Experience MyFlex where reduced hours or seasonal work allows you to meet your personal goals.
- Build a network of colleagues for life
- Have an impact that matters through pro bono and significant volunteer opportunities.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
- Grow your network and your knowledge by joining one of our many Employee Resource Groups.
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cuttingedge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with premier thought leaders in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?
What will your typical day look like?
The Strategic Sourcing team:
- Drives procurement actions to deliver against Master Category Strategies
- Drives contract negotiation results
- Balances workloads and engages appropriate resources, based on needs and timelines
- Collaborates closely with Strategic Planning teams to ensure actions are aligned with Master Category Strategies and internal customer need
Individuals in this role are responsible for supporting documentation and analytics development for sourcing projects executed globally, regionally, and in local areas. They also manage spot buys and execute supplier contracts.
- Level 3 sourcing event documentation development
- Develops Request for Proposal (RFP) bid package
- Assists preparation for supplier negotiations based on RFP results
- Supports supplier selection process and issue award decisions
- Develops Value Capture Form (VCF) based on supplier selection(s)
- Development and execution of sourcing analytics
- Develops quantitative / qualitative tools for scoring RFP and other materials
- Analyzes post-negotiations pricing considerations as needed
- Develops award scenarios based on results of sourcing event
- Management of local projects and spot buys
- Manages local and ad hoc contract-level sourcing events (i.e., contract renewals) and other business requests above local support thresholds
- Conducts spot buys on an exception basis (i.e., the coordination of one-off purchasing of goods and services, managed on an exception basis)
- Execution of contracts and supplier implementation plan
- Manages contract signing with supplier; routing to Supplier Enablement and Contract Management teams upon completion
- Executes supplier implementation plan, coordinating with Supplier / Catalog Enablement team as needed
About the team
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network. In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark. Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Global CoRe provides seven fundamental services to Deloitte around the world: knowledge services, creative services, contact center, data management assessment services, data protection, procurement, and real estate. We develop new and innovative ways to improve how these services are delivered across the organization, leveraging our global scope and strength to serve our organization within and across borders.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- Minimum three years of experience in procurement/strategic sourcing roles
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, contract law, supply chain management, or related discipline
- Demonstrated achievements in negotiations and managing complex sourcing transactions
- Strong administrative, project management and analytical skills
- Strategic and business focused in order to maximize opportunities for our internal clients and business units
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Proven organizational and strong communications skills
- Demonstrated accomplishments in negotiations and managing complex sourcing transactions
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and deliver results in a deadline driven working environment
- Self-starter, independent, proactive and strategic in identifying opportunities with our internal clients and business units with respect to procurement
- Hands on experience with sourcing technologies (particularly Ariba), contract management systems is an asset
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?