Manager, Initiative Leader, Deloitte Global Technology, GCISO-Strategic Programs
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123266
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cuttingedge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with premier thought leaders in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?
What will your typical day look like?
As part of the Global Cybersecurity team, this professional will:
- Manage, coordinate, and integrate strategic programs.
- Lead or support integration/initiative/activity/engagement with specific Cyber teams
- Lead or support initiatives as directed to address bottle necks, common issues, or need for optimization
- Provide targeted support to workstreams or projects as directed
- Support regionally based “Initiative Leader”.
- Assist Cybersecurity Team with deliverable formatting and finalization
- Assist Cybersecurity Team in creation of custom project, operations, risk, and/or ad-hoc reporting
- Assist Cybersecurity Team as directed to resolve bottlenecks
- Develop and maintain relationships in security, technology, and business organizations necessary to effectively execute current and future strategic programs.
About the team
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network. In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark. Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Deloitte Technology Services works at the forefront of technology development and processes to support and protect Deloitte around the world. In this truly global environment, we operate not in "what is" but rather "what can be" to help Deloitte deliver and connect with its clients, its communities, and one another in ways not previously conceived.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, a technology-related field, cybersecurity or equivalent education-related experience
- Minimum of 10 years of combined experience in the Information Security / Cybersecurity domain with a focus on development and delivery of strategic and/or transformative programs
- Proven track record and experience of the following in a highly complex and global organization:
- Planning, managing and coordinating information / cybersecurity programs
- Connecting closely with leadership and stakeholders to drive transformations
- Directing and coordinating cross-functional teams
- Highly diverse experience in cybersecurity with a preference for experience in multiple areas of cybersecurity over specialized knowledge in just one. Also a preference for experience in strategy, planning, and design over operations and maintenance
- Skills in transforming cybersecurity organizations and processes and in change management associated with such transformations
- Sound knowledge of business management and an expert knowledge of information / cybersecurity
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, COBIT, and NIST
- Ability to coordinate global, cross-functional teams with cybersecurity knowledge ranging from leadership, to specialized/expert to general/remedial
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?