Manager/Senior Manager - Business Tax
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123195
Primary Location: Quebec City, QC
All Available Locations: Quebec City, QC; Brossard, QC; Laval, QC; Montreal, QC; Ottawa, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
What will your typical day look like?
Your typical day will consist of providing tax related services to private and public companies while working in a team in order to provide tax advice to help our clients with sound tax management. You will also prepare and manage income tax returns for companies, partnerships, trusts and individuals along with examining tax provisions and prepare opinions and other documents
About the team
Deloitte offers clients a broad range of fully integrated tax services. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help your company excel globally.
A job in Tax will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a stimulating and very high-energy environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical fields;
- Develop solutions through discussion with your team and clients;
- Continue your professional development in order to progress in your chosen career path
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- Undergraduate degree; Accounting designation an asset;
- Master’s degree in taxation or completion of the CICA In-Depth Tax Course;
- A minimum of 4-5 years of relevant experience in Canadian Tax;
- Experience with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision-making, documentation, management of client expectations and team leadership;
- Due to the nature of the role requiring interaction with national and global clients, bilingualism in French and English is required for this position.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?