Senior Consultant, Accounting Operations Advisory (Future Opportunities)
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123175
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Ottawa, ON; Montreal, QC
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Leverage the Deloitte CPA Advantage program, a comprehensive support program for CPA modules and the CFE.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
Our Accounting Operations Advisory team offers an in-depth, investigative approach to modernizing Finance functions. We help our clients across all industries assess and enhance quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance people, process, infrastructure, and internal controls. Are you a leader that is passionate about making a difference for our clients and our people? Take a look at this exciting position.
What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Consultant of Accounting Operations Advisory, you will be part of a team of like-minded individuals where you will work to contribute to our client's success.
You will be required to:
• Assist with projects to improve financial functions in one or more of the following financial management functional areas: financial close and consolidation, financial management and reporting, software selection and implementation, shared services and/or financial transformation
• Review and contribute to the planning and execution of projects in the general finance area as well as in the technology consulting area as needed
• Participate and/or lead current state findings workshops to understand and document key financial processes (i.e. procurement to payment, financial close, reporting, etc.)
• Contribute to market and eminence initiatives related to the finance of tomorrow
• Develop materials for, and participate in the delivery of, presentations to clients and firm personnel
• Assist with creation of proposals and other business development activities
• Opportunities may also arise to serve clients and/or support local office teams across the country and/or abroad
About the team
The Accounting Operations Advisory (AOA) practice focuses on improving developed financial information for both regulatory and management purposes by applying deep expertise in accounting operations and financial reporting to the Finance function. The team's mission is to act as integrators and accelerators, to elevate, support and shine together.
Several pillars are at the heart of our success and growth:
• Operational diagnostics: processes and controls, financial closing, system assessments and selections, organizational structure review and talent management.
• Strategic workshops: advice and support in mergers and acquisitions, mission and vision statement development, IPO and new appointments in key finance positions.
• Staff augmentation: collaborative work and support within our clients' finance functions, both in implementing recommendations from a diagnostic and in filling key positions for a specific period of time.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
• Work experience in a financial role or in providing audit and assurance, consulting or advisory services to financial functions.
• A CPA designation or in the process of obtaining a CPA designation with 2-3 years of relevant work experience. Audit experience is considered a strong asset.
• Industry experience is considered an asset.
• Technical skills and knowledge of accounting processes and IFRS and/or ASPE.
• Expertise in financial management disciplines such as financial process design, budgeting and planning, financial reporting, financial performance management and business case development.
• An ability to translate client challenges into tactical improvement opportunities and develop requirements from a strategic perspective.
• Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
• Experience with data analysis/visualization tools (Tableau) and translation of financial data into information considered an asset.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?