Technology Controls Risk and Compliance Manager, Deloitte Global Audit & Assurance
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123159
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Ottawa, ON; Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cuttingedge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with premier thought leaders in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?
What will your typical day look like?
Our Technology Controls – Risk & Compliance Manager provides risk management and support for Global Audit & Assurance (A&A) Products and Solutions that develops and deploys innovative technology products and solutions to Deloitte’s A&A business and its clients. This position is housed within the Technology Controls (TC) team and reports to the Technology Controls Leader. Additionally this role will be responsible for implementing and monitoring risk and control considerations to effectively identify regulatory, legal and compliance risk exposures. This role will focus on quality, data protection and security matters related to our innovative products and solutions, environments and frameworks at all stages with the software development lifecycle (SDLC) (e.g., application design, development and deployment).
- Collaborate with internal product and IT groups, Deloitte’s vendors and IT service providers, and Global risk, regulatory and privacy teams
- Drive quality as part of the SDLC, initiate consultations with stakeholder groups, ideate on ways to creatively solve challenges and increase quality
- Prepare and/or validate control-related aspects of product risk assessments and confidential information management plans
- Establish risk and control frameworks (e.g., SOX, Security, Privacy, Confidentiality, Third Party or SOC/ISAE) to ensure that development, hosting and deployment comply with existing firm policies, professional standards, laws and regulations
- Assist with reviewing functional and nonfunctional requirements (i.e., user stories and acceptance criteria) and testing scripts to ensure alignment with controls requirements
- Supervision and provide oversight of the Technology Controls support staff who drive the day-to-day activities
About the team
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network. In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark. Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Global Audit & Assurance delivers a strong foundation of audit practices for Deloitte around the world. We leverage new ideas and technologies to raise quality standards, drive growth and change, and define the audit of the future.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Accounting Information Systems, or other related areas
- 4 years of experience in audit or risk assurance with a large or medium-sized public accounting firm or other regulated industry
- Strong technical or audit knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to the design, development and deployment of applications based upon TRC requirements
- Familiar with audit or other regulatory technology applications and data analytics and/or technology fueled by machine learning/AI.
- Strong project management and communication skills to keep multiple projects organized and deliver results under tight, demanding deadlines for a high-volume of products and releases while maintaining high-quality and precision
- CPA, CIA, CISA, or CIPP preferred
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?