IAM Active Directory Engineer - Deloitte Global Technology
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123142
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Calgary, AB; Ottawa, ON; Vancouver, BC
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
What will your typical day look like?
Work you'll do
The Global Identity and Access Management Active Directory Engineer reports to the Global Identity and Access Management Manager. The IAM Active Directory Engineer is responsible for the development, engineering and operational support of Identity and Access Management related solutions.
- Windows server 2016 administration
- Knowledge of Windows 2016 Active Directory design and administration, including monitoring, troubleshooting complex problems, and group policy management
- Windows Server 2016 DNS administration and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced ability to use PowerShell for automation and scripting Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Experience using Microsoft Excel for data analysis
- Must have a current Microsoft certification for Windows Active Directory support and administration
- Willing to take performance feedback onboard and make improvements
- Follow standard operating procedures and suggest improvements where required
- Work with project managers to provide appropriate support for business change
- Understand and able to operate within a process driven organization
- Ability to deliver continuous improvement to achieve operational stability and service excellence Excellent English verbal and written communications skills
- Cultural awareness is essential as the role will involve contact with a variety of stakeholders around the globe
- Ability to solve complex problems Acts with integrity and professionalism
- Understand information security best practices
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation for after hours and weekend support
About the team
Deloitte Technology works at the forefront of technology development and processes to support and protect Deloitte around the world. In this truly global environment, we operate not in "what is" but rather "what can be" to help Deloitte deliver and connect with its clients, its communities, and one another in ways not previously conceived
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
- College Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Identity Management familiarity in one or more of the following areas:
- Cloud Infrastructure & Entitlement Management
- Identity Federation
- Enterprise Directory Architecture and Design
- Resource Provisioning
- Multi-factor authentication
- Advanced knowledge/experience with the following:
- IaaS & SaaS offerings
- Multi-cloud environments (AWS, Azure GCP)
- Windows system administration
- PowerShell, Bash, and other command line interfaces
- Directories, such as Azure Active Directory, AD LDS, OpenLDAP, LDAP protocols
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?