Salesforce Architect - Deloitte Global Technology
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123131
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Calgary, AB; Halifax, NS; Ottawa, ON; Vancouver, BC
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
What will your typical day look like?
In this interesting and diverse role, you’ll:
- Provide technical and architectural leadership for Salesforce applications - focusing on Force.com, Lightning while also leading projects that involve lightning and Einstein Analytics (Tableau).
- Define technical evaluation criteria for product and technology selection and determine technical approaches to ensure all architectural solutions result in a coherent systems design
- Lead technical design sessions with the development teams, including the creation of class models, sequence diagrams, component models, etc., and detailed design specifications ensuring that architecture standards are followed.
- Be defining and validating non-functional (technical) requirements, and establishing traceability between requirements and application architecture/design.
- Lead production troubleshooting and ‘War Room’ Activities.
- Provide expert knowledge of mobile application architecture to business and technology teams and facilitate the collaborative development of the technology strategy, technology standards, roadmaps, and practices. You will constantly be seeking and capitalizing on the opportunities to improve productivity, accelerate time to market, increase solution quality, and improve cost effectiveness.
About the team
Deloitte Technology works at the forefront of technology development and processes to support and protect Deloitte around the world. In this truly global environment, we operate not in "what is" but rather "what can be" to help Deloitte deliver and connect with its clients, its communities, and one another in ways not previously conceived.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
As a Salesforce Architect, you bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of six (6) years and more of core experience in Salesforce design and development.
- Minimum of three (3) years and more of Enterprise full life cycle Architect experience of Salesforce/Force.com projects.
- Minimum of one (1) year or more of leading technical teams.
- Salesforce Certified - Salesforce Admin and Developer Certification and one or more Architect Designer certifications
- Practical deployment knowledge of Visualforce, Salesforce configurations, Apex classes, AppExchange deployment
- Design experience with Force.com, Salesforce Integration, Lightning
- Clear understanding of event-driven and delegate-based design paradigms
- Experience in data modeling techniques and knowledge and applicability of various normal forms and experience in developing IT architecture plans and software development methodologies
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud, Einstein Analytics (Tableau) and Lightning
- Experience delivering packaged software or SaaS is a big plus
- Experience with AzureDevOps build pipelines and release management
- Project Management experience of Agile/SCRUM/SAFe projects
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?