Cybersecurity Crypto Architect (Mgr.), Deloitte Global Technology (GCISO-Cybersecurity Arch. & Eng.
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123074
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Ottawa, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cuttingedge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with premier thought leaders in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?
What will your typical day look like?
- Must have previously developed and operationalized Cryptographic Framework at the enterprise level.
- Must have hands-on experience with both symmetric and asymmetric key operations and security best practices.
- Must have hands-on experience in communicating and enforcing the related controls and technologies, including developing and expanding on current governance workflows and policies.
- Must have experience planning and executing High Assurance ceremonies and knowing when they are applicable for Root CAs and intermediate CAs.
- Must have hands-on experience implementing secure optimization of key and certificate lifecycles.
- Must have direct experience implementing security guidelines at the enterprise level
About the team
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network. In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark. Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Deloitte Technology works at the forefront of technology development and processes to support and protect Deloitte around the world. In this truly global environment, we operate not in "what is" but rather "what can be" to help Deloitte deliver and connect with its clients, its communities, and one another in ways not previously conceived.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- Help define the future state of Cryptographic Framework and Technologies – such as policies and technologies, and operations to develop a Center of Excellence for Member Firms to follow.
- Perform an in-depth Gap Analysis of the current state towards future state charter
- This includes Legal, Technical, Operational, and Governance aspects of the environment such as controls, products, and lifecycle best practices for optimization.
- Understand and document the detailed end-to-end crypto lifecycles for both Symmetric and Asymmetric Key operations.
- Design and implement secure public key infrastructure (PKI) systems for our global operations.
- Design and implement secure pre-shared key (PSK) systems for our global operations.
- Broad technology background is preferred to have to better understand and solve cryptography problems more efficiently.
- Provide leadership and guidance to prepare the organization for the post-Quantum era.
- Develop and maintain the organization's global PKI strategy.
- Develop and maintain the organizations PSK strategy such as KMIP.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?