Future Opportunity - Workforce Development Manager, Workforce Transformation
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 117262
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Build a network of colleagues for life
- Have an impact that matters through pro bono and significant volunteer opportunities.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
What will your typical day look like?
No two days are the same for a leader in the Workforce Transformation (WT) team, as unpredictable situations will require you to review your priorities and adapt your approach. That being said, in a typical day you might:
- Meet with clients to understand their business objectives and articulate the scope of the work, and work through how we can engage with them to meet their needs.
- Provide direction and guidance to project teams working on deliverables for client engagements
- Facilitate working sessions and meetings, internally or with clients, to explore possibilities, co-create solutions, or make key decisions related to ongoing engagements
- Connect with industry and subject matter experts to explore the future of learning in organization and continue evolving our thinking and capabilities in this space
In this role we will expect you to:
- Consult with clients to understand their strategic imperatives, current disruptive landscape, and workforce implications, and help them to design an approach to learning that allows them to drive effective business transformation
- Lead internal efforts to grow our practice, whether through conducting research, developing methodologies and tools, networking with industry and SMEs, or representing WT in relevant forums to speak on the future of Learning
- Lead and work collaboratively as part of dynamic and cross-functional teams to design impactful learning strategies and solutions for clients.
- Apply expertise as well as curiosity to co-design with clients and guide teams to investigate, analyze and solve problems and communicate in compelling ways
About the team
The Workforce Transformation team is a diverse group of strategic advisors and partners tasked with preparing clients for the future of work. The Learning practice, which sits within Workforce Transformation, specifically focuses on taking a modern and accessible approach to reskilling and upskilling the workforce. We are a committed, diverse, supportive and collaborative group of professionals who are passionate about unlocking the potential of people in organizations whilst creating rewarding and meaningful career experiences for people at all levels.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are a people-focused, creative and commercially minded leader who is passionate about creating learning strategies that enable growth and transformation, brings a strategic and innovative mindset to complex workforce challenges and who “lives and breaths” the principles of growth and development for themselves and their teams. You have:
- Designed and led a learning transformation in your own organization or helped clients to do this in theirs
- Set the learning strategy for an organization and led people and teams navigate the shifts in mindsets and behaviours needed
- Designed and deployed work-integrated learning solutions using various platforms and technology
- Worked in a professional services or consulting capacity, or in a commercial client-delivery role
You are somebody who understands how learning is evolving and the shifts in mindsets and behaviours needed to transform learning in organizations. You can:
- Articulate and design transformative learning strategies and the system and program changes needed to build and sustain learning
- Understand the learning tech landscape and how technology fits into broader learning enablement
- Lead and influence others to connect and foster collaboration across businesses and borders
- Develop high-performing people and teams through meaningful opportunities
- Deliver exceptional client service and maintain strong relationships with clients, partnering with them to set direction and priorities for the business
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?