Senior Analyst, US Tax
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 122985
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Do you want to work in a challenging, fast growing, and collaborative team environment? Look no further!
What will your typical day look like?
As an Analyst/ Senior Analyst you will:
- Understand, analyze and research tax transactions;
- Develop your technical skills and knowledge of our clients' business;
- Assist in the preparation of detailed tax returns and other cross-border tax compliance filings;
- Make recommendations and provide solutions to clients;
- Lead specific projects of moderate size and complexity;
- Communicate with and assist clients in their dealings with various tax authorities;
- Perform technical research of taxation issues and assist in the implementation of value-added tax planning strategies.
About the team
Our team is growing! With the continued trend toward globalization, most successful Canadian-based companies look to the U.S. for expansion. To minimize tax liabilities, ensure compliance, and take full advantage of cross-border opportunities, our clients need advice from our experts who understand U.S. federal and state taxation laws and their interaction with Canadian tax principles.
Our team works to research and understand tax transactions, through the knowledge of our clients' business. We provide detailed tax returns and other cross-border tax compliance filings, and assist clients in their dealings with various tax authorities. We also perform technical research of taxation issues and assist in the implementation of value-added tax planning strategies.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- Completed bachelor degree in accounting;
- A completed Master degree in Tax or an accounting designation; US CPA , strong asset
- 1-4 years of relevant work experience;
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; bilingual would be an asset
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions;
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?