Senior Manager, Corporate Finance - Vancouver
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 112121
Primary Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
All Available Locations: Vancouver, BC
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Lead marquee private company M&A transactions, such as divestitures, acquisitions, and capital raises
Mentor and lead a team of collaborative and diverse Managers, Associates and Analysts through on-the-job coaching
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like Canada
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with business owners and executives as lead financial advisor? Read more below about joining our group of dedicated capital advisory professionals!
What will your typical day look like?
Our team is looking for an Executive Director (Senior Manager) to play a lead on growth capital transactions. As part of your role, you will co-ordinate and perform critical aspects throughout the transaction lifecycle in a client-facing role, including:
• With the support of Associates, Analysts and Vice Presidents, be responsible for executing and closing debt and equity transactions, including the preparation of marketing materials, potential lender / investor lists, facilitating due diligence, negotiating, and working with legal counsel to prepare definitive credit or purchase / subscription documentation.
• Lead capital advisory and treasury advisory engagements (Options analysis, optimizing capital structures, credit rating advisory, liquidity management, etc.)
• Quickly develop an understanding of the client business and its drivers, including analysis of historical performance, working capital, capital expenditure, forecasts and underlying assumptions
• Be responsible for sourcing and closing growth capital transactions, with a strong focus on business development
• Work with senior practitioners to proactively develop capital solutions for clients in a variety of sectors
• Develop proactive pitch presentations on growth capital opportunities
• Build and maintain ongoing, long-term relationships with existing and potential clients
• Support Directors and Partners in their relationship management responsibilities, including with current and prospective clients
• Manage, develop, and mentor Vice Presidents, Associates, Analysts, and other staff
About the team
The Corporate Finance team, including Capital Advisory, is a collaborative group that creates value for clients undergoing a capital raise, merger, acquisition or divestiture. Our team is growing and for the second year in a row we have been recognized by MergerMarket as the #1 Financial Advisor in both Canadian and Global M&A deal activity (measured by deal volume). We are a group of collaborative and amazing people who value client service excellence while having fun and supporting the career growth and the development of each other.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
• Significant relevant work experience in lending, raising capital, investing and/or corporate finance, including a track-record of closing transactions
• Completion of a finance or accounting designation (CPA, MBA, CBV or CFA)
• Sound financial modeling and valuation experience
• Exceptional communication, presentation and writing skills
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative
• Transaction and execution experience
• An ability to quarterback files on day one
• Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work and lead effectively in tea
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?