Manager, Data Analytics, Financial Crime
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 122098
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it.
• Are you passionate about developing creative data driven solutions to fight Financial Crime?
• Do you live to use Data Analytics, Visualizations or Data Science to solve complex challenges?
• Does the idea of working in a collaborative & nurturing environment motivates you?
If it’s a Yes, then Financial Crime Analytics team @ Deloitte is where you want to be. We are equally excited to meet you and hear your story!
What will your typical day look like?
As a Manager you will be involved in three distinct areas:
• Design and architect analytics solutions for analyzing large datasets, developing models and analytics tests, and visualizing data
• Lead technical teams, providing support and guidance as required
• Work in a collaborative team analyzing client issues and leading client workshops and presentations
Practice Development & Go-to-Market
• Contribute to practice growth and development, including client engagements and business initiatives
• Develop a specialization in the Financial Crime Practice and act as a business or technical advisor and subject matter expert
• Develop relationships with clients and support the scoping, design, and development of engagements
• Coach and mentor team members to their highest potential
• Manage the complete lifecycle of analytics projects
• Employ a structured approach to project management to ensure complete client satisfaction and project profitability
• Ensure risks are monitored and controlled appropriately
About the team
Innovation and empowerment are fundamental to our team culture, and we believe in breaking the boundaries of possibility to combat Financial Crime. We are a team that is diverse culturally, academically, and professionally and we envision to grow the team on the same principles.
Join a team where you -
• Experience an agile work environment - work is what you do and not where you do it
• Have reduced hours or seasonal work which supports you meeting your own personal goals
• Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
• Are encouraged to deepen your technical skills that you are most interested in which also align to our business needs. There’s much more! Read details about the Top 10 Reasons to Join Our Firm | Deloitte Canada | Careers.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
• Completed a bachelor's degree or master's degree in one of the following quantitative disciplines such as: Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Quantitative Finance, or other quantitative discipline
• 5+ years of professional work experience in consulting industry or analytics field, preferably related to financial crime
• 3+ years of experience querying and analyzing large data sets in SQL
• Proven experience with SSIS or Alteryx for data transformation and solutioning
• Led a team and supported junior resources throughout an analytics project lifecycle
• Proven experience telling a story using data, including creating and delivering presentations to senior stakeholders
Nice to Have:
• Experience with Python, Power BI or Tableau
• Project management experience including budgeting, activity tracking and stakeholder communication
• Experience in preparing Go-to-Market materials that align with the business’s strategy and vision
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?