Manager, Data Engineering, Financial Crime
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 122096
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Have many careers in one Firm.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
• Are you passionate about developing creative data driven solutions to fight Financial Crime?
• Do you live to use Data Transformation, Modeling or Cloud to solve complex challenges?
• Does the idea of working in a collaborative & nurturing environment motivates you?
If it’s a Yes, then Financial Crime Analytics team @ Deloitte is where you want to be. We are equally excited to meet you and hear your story!
About the team
Innovation and empowerment are fundamental to our team culture, and we believe in breaking the boundaries of possibility to combat Financial Crime. We are a team that is diverse culturally, academically, and professionally and we envision to grow the team on the same principles.
Join a team where you -
• Experience an agile work environment - work is what you do and not where you do it
• Have reduced hours or seasonal work which supports you meeting your own personal goals
• Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
• Are encouraged to deepen your technical skills that you are most interested in which also align to our business needs. There’s much more! Read details about the Top 10 Reasons to Join Our Firm | Deloitte Canada | Careers.
What will your typical day look like?
As a Manager you will be involved in three distinct areas:
• Designing scalable, performant and reliable ETL processes to ingest large, complex, and diverse datasets into NoSQL/Graph databases to generate real-time investigation networks
• Collaborating with DevOps and Solution Architects to configure cloud development environments
• Partnering with advanced analytics teams to launch novel solutions using the latest technologies
• Reviewing and implementing development and source code management best practices (e.g. GitHub, BitBucket, GitLabs, CI/CD)
• Proficient in writing unit/integration tests and developing pipelines using a Test-Driven Development approach
• Work in a collaborative team analyzing client issues and leading client workshops and presentations
Practice Development & Go-to-Market
• Contribute to practice growth and development, including client engagements and business initiatives
• Develop a specialization in the Financial Crime Practice and act as a business or technical advisor and subject matter expert
• Develop relationships with clients and support the scoping, design, and development of engagements
• Coach and mentor team members to their highest potential
• Manage the complete lifecycle of analytics projects
• Employ a structured approach to project management to ensure complete client satisfaction and project profitability
• Ensure risks are monitored and controlled appropriately
• Experience with leading Agile teams in sprint planning, daily standups, and backlog review
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
Deloitte Financial Crime Analytics practice uses a broad stack of analytic and data technologies. As a Manager in Data Engineering, you will be working on developing solutions based on analytical insights & models leveraging the following tools & technologies:
• Big Data Processing – Spark, AWS EMR, Azure HD Insight, Google Cloud Dataproc, Databricks
• Pipeline Development – AWS Glue, Azure Data Factory, Google Cloud Dataflow, Airflow, Flink
• Databases – MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Neo4J
• DevOps/GitOps – Git
• Completed a bachelor's degree or master's degree in one of the following quantitative disciplines such as: Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Quantitative Finance, or other quantitative discipline
• 5+ years of professional work experience in consulting industry or analytics field, preferably related to financial crime
• 3+ years of experience querying and analyzing large data sets in SQL
• 1+ years in leading pipeline development and training junior data engineers
• Proven experience in manipulating data through cleansing, parsing, standardizing to improve data integrity using a scripting language (e.g. Python, Scala, Spark or SQL)
• Understanding of cloud resources on GCP, Azure or AWS environments
• Led a team and supported junior resources throughout an analytics project lifecycle
Nice to Have:
• Working knowledge of NoSQL databases
• Familiar with Object-Oriented and Functional programming paradigms
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management and testing
• Project management experience including budgeting, activity tracking and stakeholder communication
• Experience in preparing Go-to-Market materials that align with the business’s strategy and vision
Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We’re also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mind¬set, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You? Apply Now
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?