Senior Manager, Financial Crime Analytics
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 122095
Primary Location: Multiple Locations, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Burlington, ON; Kitchener, ON; London; Ottawa, ON; Vaughan, ON; Windsor, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it.
What are we looking for?
• Are you passionate about developing creative data driven solutions to fight Financial Crime?
• Do you live to use Data Analytics, Visualizations or Data Science to solve complex challenges?
• Does the idea of working in a collaborative & nurturing environment motivates you?
If it’s a Yes, then Financial Crime Analytics team @ Deloitte is where you want to be. We are equally excited to meet you and hear your story!
What will your typical day look like?
Innovation and empowerment are fundamental to our team culture, and we believe in breaking the boundaries of possibility to combat Financial Crime. We are a team that is diverse culturally, academically, and professionally and we envision to grow the team on the same principles.
Join a team where you -
- Experience an agile work environment - work is what you do and not where you do it
- Have reduced hours or seasonal work which supports you meeting your own personal goals
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Are encouraged to deepen your technical skills that you are most interested in which also align to our business needs. There’s much more! Read details about the Top 10 Reasons to Join Our Firm | Deloitte Canada | Careers.
About the team
As a Senior Manager you will be involved in three distinct areas:
Project Management and Delivery
Accountability in delivering financial crime analytic client engagements, which typically includes the following:
• Design solutions for analyzing large datasets, developing models and analytics tests, and visualizing data
• Lead storytelling based on the analytic insights that provide perspective to client objectives
• Create a collaborative and inclusive delivery team
• Manage client stakeholders and lead client interactions
• Ability to identify strategic opportunities that are aligned to client objectives beyond the tactical execution of the engagement
• Focused on delivering a “no surprise experience” to the client, which includes project, risk, and engagement economics management
Client Engagement and Go-to-Market
• Develop and nurture relationships with clients
• The ability to actively participate and shape strategic objectives in Financial Crime Practice
• Collaborate and interact across Deloitte services to leverage complementary competencies
• Lead role in the development of Financial Crime assets (solutions)
• Contribute to the growth and development of the Financial Crime Practice
• Coach and mentor team members in alignment to their highest potential
• Foster a continuous learning environment and develop technical capabilities aligned to career aspirations
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
• Completed a bachelor's degree or master's degree in one of the following quantitative disciplines such as: Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Quantitative Finance, or other quantitative discipline
• 6+ years of professional work experience in data analytics related to financial crime
• Experience working in consulting or client facing role is a plus
• Experience in leading a team of technical and non-technical professionals in the delivery of an engagement
• Proven experience with data analytics and visualization tools such as SQL, Python, Tableau, PowerBI
• Proven experience in “story-telling” – providing practical insights to non-technical stakeholders
• Proven experience in shaping projects that result in achievable outcome that aligns to client value
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?