Conversion Technical Lead
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 118958
Primary Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
All Available Locations: Montreal, QC
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Build a network of colleagues for life.
What will your typical day look like?
- You will work with leaders around the globe to deliver projects for medium to large businesses in the industry
- You will lead and develop a team of dedicated conversion specialists
- You will mentor and coach new and experienced practioners and help them reach their objectives
- You will be responsible to develop and structure a conversion organization in CBO
- You will be taking part in staffing key players of the team based on needs
- You will recommend the proper tools and assets to use and acquire to deliver work effectively
- Coordinate the design, implementation, and execution of conversion objects
- Establish the conversion objects dependency model
- Ensure the acquisition of missing data
- Coordinate data improvement needs
- Work in conjunction with the passage plan teams.
- Oversee integration delivery, leading the design, build, and support testing of conversion activities
- Collaborate with client counterpart to successfully deliver on shared objectives
- Apply critical thinking and propose concrete solutions to resolve client issues
- Work in a collaborative team
- Participate in the full life cycle implementation of projects and manage client expectations
- Translate business requirements into technological solutions
What we offer you to succeed:
- Training and certifications
- Top professionals to coach and develop you as a professional
- Opportunities to work with leading Canadian and global companies
- An open mind for new ideas
- A dynamic and energetic workplace
- Leading methods and tools
About the team
Our Systems Engineering practice provides a full suite of services to clients to assist them with all phases of the software lifecycle, as well as providing advisory and transformational services. We drive technological change to support our clients in developing end to end technology delivery capabilities, enabling them through large scale organizational transformations. We design, implement, and operate solutions for custom-developed systems, platform integration, and application modernization to enable business capabilities. Our team has varied skillsets, including but not limited to front-end web and backend or full stack development, software engineering, low-code platforms, functional programming, application architecture, agile development, quality assurance, data conversion and integration, test automation and emerging technologies.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
- 5+ years of technical expertise on conversion processes and tools for large organizations
- Strong Experience in managing data conversion/migration functions
- Strong knowledge of finance industry data models (specifically Insurance & Banking).
- Able to efficiently manage priorities as well as lead a team responsible for the migration and delivery of conversion objects
- Strong Project management and delivery experience
- Deep knowledge of Data analysis, ETL Process, Dry-runs and data testing execution as well as Roll-out plan delivery
- Post-implementation experience would be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, and simplify complex technical issues
- Passionate in technology and ability to keep up to date with releases and changes
- Strong work ethic and highly driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English
Due to the nature of the role having interactions with National & Global clients, bilingualism in French and English is required for this position
Having a strong knowledge of at least one of the following technologies would be a strong asset:
- SAP (Core Modules, S/4 Hana)
- Oracle Insurance
Have data migration experience in at least one of the following Industries:
- Property and casualty Insurance
- Life and Health Insurance
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?